[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Dagorhir Web Boards • View topic - Scars and Stitches

Scars and Stitches

Talk about clothing patterns and other special Dagorhir equipment you have made

Moderator: Global Moderator

Scars and Stitches

Postby Gorbag » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:52 pm

I'm a flesh golem and I have tried various different methods for scarring/stitching up. The easiest and best looking way that I have found is to get temporary tattoos that look like the effect that I want. They last decently long and I've freaked people out when I walked into a Subway in my mundanes because they thought I had just gotten out of surgery. I recently ran out of the small stock I bought from Wal-Mart last last Halloween and wasn't able to find any this last Halloween and decided to look around online and found the exact ones that I prefer using for .66 a page.

Bought 25 of each which bumped the price down to .50 each and got me past $10.00 so I got free shipping then used the promo code TAT1 for 15% off. All in all a pretty good deal I think. Thought I'd share for any other flesh golems/people that need or want decent looking scars.
[quote="Graymael"]
Graymael (Mother of Gorbag)
[/quote]
Gorbag
Dagorhirrim

Re: Scars and Stitches

Postby Gorbag » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:07 pm

Couple of examples of how the scars look. These are near the end of the day of fighting.
[img width=604 height=402]http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg9/Berin8706/scars.jpg[/img]
[img width=604 height=402]http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg9/Berin8706/scars2.jpg[/img]
[quote="Graymael"]
[/quote]
Gorbag
Dagorhirrim

Postby Rainen » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:22 pm

...I almost thouht you actually had sutures in. Mad props. Next time get me to stitch your face up for real baddass points...? ;D
Please, don't call me "Doc".
Rainen
Dagorhirrim

Postby Rafiq's Slightly Used Camels » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:29 pm

In that first picture, the one on your arm looks extremely natural. (addendum, take off that tshirt and put on some garb :p).
Also it looks like you are smashing that dude in the head in the first picture, the angle and perspective is just perfect.
Grand Schindler of the Garbstapo
[quote="Aondor"]
Fedoras save me the time of having to get to know someone before i assume things about them.
[/quote]
Rafiq's Slightly Used Camels
Dagorhirrim

Postby Karina » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:58 pm

hehe don't worry, i fixed the no garb thing
[quote="Drunken Bob"]
[quote="Kurai D'elacroix"]
Never realized how tiny she was till I finally met her at Gates[/quote]
me neither. she is almost barrel tall[/quote]
Karina
Dagorhirrim

Postby Spiderling » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:15 pm

Those really do look fantastic.  The only think I could want is more of them.
Spiderling, Unsafety Committee Chairmonster, Trollers Local 9473, Chapter of the War Squirrels. [On Strike]

The opinions expressed in this post do not necessarily represent those of anyone with any common sense whatsoever.
Spiderling
Dagorhirrim

Postby Gorbag » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:35 pm

More recent pic but still old. More scars on the face trying to get a real stitched on face thing going:
[img width=483 height=459]http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg9/Berin8706/moarscars.jpg[/img]
[quote="Graymael"]
[/quote]
Gorbag
Dagorhirrim

Postby Damian » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:49 pm

try different color foundations in the different sections between stitches will give you more of a bunch of different colored guys stitched together look.
Great job on the stitches by the way.
Saint Damian the Bleeder of The Church of the Blue
Prince of Mirkwood
Shatterhaze's Royle Mouthpiece
Lieutenant in Arangweth, Squire to Sir Grom Deganess
Damian
Dagorhirrim

Postby Norik » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:53 pm

I fully agree on how awesome they are. 
Warrior Stag Ranger of Tineir
Commander of The Freelands
Norik
Dagorhirrim

Postby peanutbutter » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:10 pm

Just to look scary you could paint face so as to look patched together. That would terrify me if done well.
peanutbutter
Dagorhirrim

Postby fuko kuroha » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:55 pm

depending on how much time you want to put into doing your makeup there is a trick you can do that will give you depth to the gashes and you can use string to make "real" stitches. let me know if your interested.
"Gekijin Tomeru, Heiwa Tsukuru, To Issai Itonami Momaru, Kono Ninja No Do." - Takamatsu
fuko kuroha
Dagorhirrim

Postby Gorbag » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:57 am

I have been considering painting the different sections different colors but wanted to find the stitches again before I started thinking about that. Good to see other people agree though. 
I looked into doing some of the theater style stitches that would have depth and real stitches, but could never find one that I would last through a rough day of fighting. Always interested in more choices though.
[quote="Graymael"]
[/quote]
Gorbag
Dagorhirrim

Postby fuko kuroha » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:08 am

its really easy actually. all you need is some spirit gum (prosthetic adhesive), a toothpick, some string, and some fake blood.
process: apply a layer of spirit gum to area of skin and allow it to dry.
apply another layer of spirit gum, this time use the toothpick to start separating it to make a gash.
repeat untill satisfied with the depth (i usually use about 3-4 layers)
cut string to small lengths, use the spirit gum to glue them into a stitching pattern.
apply fake blood.
profit!

this is a picture of someone using this method, (not my work but close enough for example)
[img width=685 height=385]http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i95/Quortez/howto_0106_05_129901841958___CC___685x385.jpg[/img]
"Gekijin Tomeru, Heiwa Tsukuru, To Issai Itonami Momaru, Kono Ninja No Do." - Takamatsu
fuko kuroha
Dagorhirrim

Postby Gorbag » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:22 am

[quote="Graymael"]
[/quote]
Gorbag
Dagorhirrim

Postby fuko kuroha » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:34 am

fuko kuroha
Dagorhirrim

Postby Alagos of Ivormere » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:01 pm

Those temp tattoos look disgusting in the best way.  ;D Awesome look.
"You could not take this castle if the walls were of iron, merely because I could hold it if they were of butter."
-Richard the Lionheart
My realm's website: http://www.freewebs.com/rswordsman/index.htm
Alagos of Ivormere
Dagorhirrim

Postby Cassius » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:19 pm

I am not sure how I feel about the different colored patches of skin, from my understanding the stitches are not holding different body parts togeater, but repairing damage that the body takes.
Cassius
Dagorhirrim

Postby Gorbag » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:39 pm

Most of the stitches would be simple repairs but Gorbag would totally grab a random piece of skin or something and use it to patch a too heavily damaged portion of himself if he needed to so the the different colors would have some merit. In my head though, Gorbag is completely yellowish greyish in color. If you've seen Van Helsing, the color of that monster.
[quote="Graymael"]
[/quote]
Gorbag
Dagorhirrim

Postby Spiderling » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:32 am

I like the string prosthetic idea, but don't use spirit gum.  It's a very obsolete adhesive and won't hold up to anything particularly strenuous.  Modern prosthetic adhesives are latex-, silicone-, or (I believe) some sort of acrylic-based (whereas spirit gum is basically pine tar).  I don't know what base would work best for holding string on, but there's a fair number of options out there in all categories.
Spiderling, Unsafety Committee Chairmonster, Trollers Local 9473, Chapter of the War Squirrels. [On Strike]

The opinions expressed in this post do not necessarily represent those of anyone with any common sense whatsoever.
Spiderling
Dagorhirrim

Postby Gorbag » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:56 am

Belated update:
Tried the stitches at Hellheim and they worked less than spectacularly. I put them on the night before and they lasted through my rather agressive sleeping (I move alot and drag my face across pillows) which was a good point. Unfortunately, due to the extreme heat, I managed to lose most of them through a combination of heavy sweating and wiping of my face. Going to do another run with them under more normal conditions sometime soon once I have more time for fighting.
[quote="Graymael"]
[/quote]
Gorbag
Dagorhirrim

Postby Gorbag » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:08 am

Tried a new application of the stitches at a recentish event down here and just went across the forehead. They lasted well in the heat and it was easy to be aware to just not rub that part of my face vs when I would wipe sweat out of my eyes in some of the other applications.

Also trying a new approach. Have a mask ordered from Mandala Studios. Here's the beginning sculpt -
[quote="Graymael"]
[/quote]
Gorbag
Dagorhirrim

Return to Garb & Equipment