[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Dagorhir Web Boards • View topic - Help a fat softy look intimidating! Design garb/armor.

Help a fat softy look intimidating! Design garb/armor.

Talk about clothing patterns and other special Dagorhir equipment you have made

Moderator: Global Moderator

Help a fat softy look intimidating! Design garb/armor.

Postby Blk » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:30 pm

I have been trying to hammer down a character and garb that really works and I am pretty much out of ideas to try.  So I figured I would come here for ideas.

What I am looking for:
Either monster, barbarian, or something else on the "blk" side.
Garb, armor and accessories that work for my body type without looking goofy or ridiculous.

For designing on:
A sketch of me (drawn to limit the hideousness of real life)

[img width=577 height=1024]http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc433/BLK623/IMG_20130425_163441_762_zps32cb2cb9.jpg[/img]

Edit: Lets try and avoid critiquing the drawing and stay on topic.
Last edited by Blk on Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Those who do not compete are not training, they are simply exercising.
Blk
Dagorhirrim

Re: Help a fat softy look intimidating! Design garb/armor.

Postby Ragefire » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:35 pm

Kidney belt and warskirt would be pretty awesome. Leather armor, look up some Frank Frazetta stuff. If you want to look scarier, I would suggest contacts or some other way to lose the glasses.
Light Shine Upon Us As We Descend Into Darkness
Ragefire
Dagorhirrim

Postby Anvildude » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:01 pm

You got the Thews to go Proppa Ork or, depending on how tall you are, Ogre.  Cas has a Gladiator thing going on- could do pretty much any "Lives by/for fighting" character- the chubbyness (if you'll excuse the term- I'm not exactly svelte myself) simply means you're good at what you do- good enough to afford the expensive food.
Anvildude
Dagorhirrim

Postby Magnus » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:05 pm

These guys all wear BLK stuff and look pretty intimidating:

But seriously: anything that adds bulk will work. Fur, layers of garb, bulky spaulders or pauldrons...that should all help.
Knight of Taurendor
+Benedictus Dominus Fortis Meus Qui Docet Manus Meas Ad Proelium Digitos Meos Ad Bellum+
ἆσσον ἴθ᾽ ὥς κεν θᾶσσον ὀλέθρου πείραθ᾽ ἵκηαι.
Magnus
Dagorhirrim

Postby Blk » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:17 pm

To address some of the points - I am pretty short at 5'9.  I weigh 250lb.  Shoulders - 55", chest - 48", stomach - 45", waist - 44", thighs - 24".

Keep the ideas coming!
Blk
Dagorhirrim

Postby Frothgar » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:56 pm

Speaking as someone who lost almost a third of their body weight, i say the best way to look more intimidating is to loose weight and add muscle. Its way easier than people make it out to be.

Failing that, fur, bulk up the shoulders.
Frothgar, The Rage of the Winter
Former Chieftain of Rogin, Ranger of the Ilanese
Rogin-Keeping the world safe for Barbarism since 2004
http://tinyurl.com/Frothgarstradeblanket
Frothgar
Dagorhirrim

Postby Blk » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:07 pm

[quote="Frothgar"]
Speaking as someone who lost almost a third of their body weight, i say the best way to look more intimidating is to loose weight and add muscle. Its way easier than people make it out to be.

Failing that, fur, bulk up the shoulders.
[/quote]

Agreed, but Unfortunately the weight will not be coming off.  Will adding all this fur to shoulders interfere with swinging?
Blk
Dagorhirrim

Postby Magnus » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:36 pm

the weight will not be coming off. 

If that is a choice you're making, then you are truly sacrificing for your craft. I applaud you.
Knight of Taurendor
+Benedictus Dominus Fortis Meus Qui Docet Manus Meas Ad Proelium Digitos Meos Ad Bellum+
Magnus
Dagorhirrim

Postby Anvildude » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:47 pm

If I remember correctly, Blk's actually a Powerlifter- they tend to want a little extra fat, because it helps support... something.  Or so I've heard.  Bodybuilders aren't actually as strong as you'd expect- sculpting highly defined muscles is a different game from creating incredibly powerful bursting muscles, which is also different from forming wiry endurance muscles that a long-distance runner would have.
Anvildude
Dagorhirrim

Postby Cassius » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:42 pm

Just pick a persona and run with it, go all out and be a bad ass.

[img width=480 height=640]https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/p480x480/575435_10152784713565444_468254643_n.jpg[/img]
Cassius
Dagorhirrim

Postby Magnus » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:18 pm

Blk being a powerlifter is certainly consistent with DEM TRAPS.
Honestly though, I think that's the body type a real BARBARIAN who comes from THE NORTH should have.
Knight of Taurendor
Magnus
Dagorhirrim

Postby Blk » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:37 pm

[quote="Cassius"]
Just pick a persona and run with it, go all out and be a bad ass.

[img width=480 height=640]https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/p480x480/575435_10152784713565444_468254643_n.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

That is a pretty sweet kit - definitely a brute of a gladiator.

I am an amateur strongman - close enough to powerlifting without delving into specifics that don't interest people on here. 
Blk
Dagorhirrim

Postby Cassius » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:40 pm

The kit is super easy to pull off garb-wise.  The dick wrap is a yard of fabric cut into thirds and sewn into a long strip, the hip wrap is like a half of a yard.  Maybe half a yard on each leg, and a yard wrapped around the arm.
Cassius
Dagorhirrim

Postby "Mudd" » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:03 pm

I don't have it on in this pic, but I basically wear torn up garb (on purpose and on accident) with half of my body covered in black face paint (usually just the right side of my face and my right arm). Also, Yell. It works on a lot of noobies. Fur is also good. But mostly the thing I've reccomended to little people in the past, is just dress up in what you think is scary. Skarekrow scares the **** out of me. I don't want to fight him on the principal I used to have nightmares about him lol, but he's also kinda a tiny guy. lol

Me
[img width=800 height=600]https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/47796_10152561529675447_1702444354_n.jpg[/img]
Skarekrow
[img width=800 height=600]https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/528211_4525486306260_602620298_n.jpg[/img]
[quote="Dust & Bones"] [quote="Grimbil Fire-Starter"] Alright, noob question time...May I ask why? Not trying to start an argument, just honestly curious. [/quote]the answer lies somewhere between "Larp Physics" and "Dagorhir hates other games"
"Mudd"
Dagorhirrim

Postby Dust & Bones » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:55 pm

I read through the thread, saw "DEM TRAPS" and went up to look at the sketch again.  Goddamn them's some big'uns

[img width=268 height=359]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_dN0tWHnwVm4/TTB8h0Mq6iI/AAAAAAAAABg/vYZAoDOPURc/s1600/hermann_goerner4.gif[/img]

Old timey strongman, or if you honestly think you're hideous...

[img width=800 height=1160]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-GOATK9kI4Qo/TgdfTPFRaDI/AAAAAAAABTw/CscOzFXxZyQ/s1600/juggernaut_res.jpg[/img] old timey juggernaut
Dust & Bones
Dagorhirrim

Postby Blackhawk » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:23 pm

Sounds like you are allot like me. What you want to do is accentuate the good bulk while hiding the bulk that is not so flattering. I would suggest that you go with generic norseman pit fighter adventurer. This allows you to take the best of many genera and combine them to fit your character.

Armor, assume that you are too poor to buy armor, thus forcing you to salvage armor from fallen foes, cutting off what does not fit and keep what does. Here is an example:

My first kill was a noble who had a full shirt of chainmail, all that was salvageable from that was the shoulders.

After killing my first Ork, I connected the vile beasts leather armor to the chain in order to protect my torso.

I spent time with a master swordsman who taught me that the best protection for my dangly bits was this blessed piece of ringmail on a red sheet of canvas. I tied this to my belt and fought on.

the pauldrens are plate tied on to the chain with catgut, these were fashioned for a much smaller fighter (my bicep measures over 17inches around this guy was a string bean) buy a beginner blacksmith, they are ill fitting and cumbersome, I keep them as a reminder that some of the best have to start somewhere. This neophyte blacksmith has gained skill and notoriety as of late and wishes I did not showcase his failures so readily. (cough Hanzo cough)

What you cant see in this picture is my mithril greavs... but that is another story altogether.

When I get some time, I will post some pictures of the garb you would look good in. But for now, I will post a few sketches of me from various people I have fought:

President - Dagorhir (DBGA/BOD) Current
Vice President - (DBGA/BOD) retired
Secretary - (DBGA/BOD) retired
Ragnarok's Head weapons checker (retired)
Blackhawk
Dagorhirrim

Postby Jari Kafghan » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:49 pm

middle one is most accurate, face isn't confused enough though

Not Head Herald
Jari Kafghan
Global Moderator

Postby Blk » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:57 pm

[quote="Dust & Bones"]
I read through the thread, saw "DEM TRAPS" and went up to look at the sketch again.  Goddamn them's some big'uns

[img width=268 height=359]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_dN0tWHnwVm4/TTB8h0Mq6iI/AAAAAAAAABg/vYZAoDOPURc/s1600/hermann_goerner4.gif[/img]

Old timey strongman, or if you honestly think you're hideous...

[img width=800 height=1160]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-GOATK9kI4Qo/TgdfTPFRaDI/AAAAAAAABTw/CscOzFXxZyQ/s1600/juggernaut_res.jpg[/img] old timey juggernaut
[/quote]

On the juggernaut - how much of an issue do you think that would be at gates with it being somewhat steam punk-ish?  Had a suggestion on being a golem but I was worried about the whole period thing.
Blk
Dagorhirrim

Postby Blk » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:00 am

The northern barbarian and scavenger brute also are great, definitely getting my MIMD going. 

In terms of DEM TRAPS - I don't think they look that big so I had a few friends and my wife compare the sketch to me and the proportions are right.  They just appear big because there is nothing else in the picture to scale size off off.
Blk
Dagorhirrim

Postby Cassius » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:49 am

I think that Juggernaut looking fella looks like a space man.  Don't do that.
Cassius
Dagorhirrim

Postby Magnus » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:56 am

[quote="Blk"]
The northern barbarian and scavenger brute also are great, definitely getting my MIMD going. 

In terms of DEM TRAPS - I don't think they look that big so I had a few friends and my wife compare the sketch to me and the proportions are right.  They just appear big because there is nothing else in the picture to scale size off off.
[/quote]
Well, in any event you clearly look like a guy who is solidly built rather than a guy who is fat and lazy. I don't think you have to worry about not looking like a "warrior" if you actually do keep in shape (and in this case, round is a valid shape).
Knight of Taurendor
Magnus
Dagorhirrim

Postby Jari Kafghan » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:15 am

[quote="Cassius"]
I think that Juggernaut looking fella looks like a space man.  Don't do that.
[/quote]

I think the core idea remains viable, but there has to be a LOT of shrinking of armor to make it look right.

Not Head Herald
Jari Kafghan
Global Moderator

Postby Clove » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:33 am

☼☼
Clove
Dagorhirrim

Postby bishop LOD » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:58 am

bishop LOD
Dagorhirrim

Postby Anvildude » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:38 pm

Maybe look at a "Gut Plate"?  It's essentially a kidney belt with a shield attached to the front (looks kinda like a bigger, battle ready version of a prize-fighter belt).  Gives you that mean look.
Anvildude
Dagorhirrim

Postby Blk » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:33 pm

[quote="Clove"]
Are you able to fight without your glasses on?
[/quote]

No, and I actually wear even worse sports glasses.  I was trying to find a helmet, but everything that I liked was not legal for dag.  Was considering contacts, but if I am going to wear an armored kidney belt or the like, I might as well get a helmet.

The two big problems I am having with armor right now are (1) finding stuff that works as a kit with a bigger guy without just making pear looking armor, and (2) a smith to work with me.  I am also worried about investing in armor and having it be too small within a year or two.  I typically gain a half inch everywhere every 6 months, and I am not sure when that will slow down/stop.
Blk
Dagorhirrim

Postby Frothgar » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:23 pm

My bad man, i assumed that you were unhappy with the largeness. Cool beans though on being the mighty mass man you apparently are.

To much fur will limit movement, but it would take a lot.
Frothgar
Dagorhirrim

Postby Blk » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:31 pm

[quote="Frothgar"]
My bad man, i assumed that you were unhappy with the largeness. Cool beans though on being the mighty mass man you apparently are.

To much fur will limit movement, but it would take a lot.
[/quote]

Oh, I definitely miss having a six pack and all (7th grade through age 23 woot!), but I am unable to lose weight, so I am just going to work with what I have. 

Any ideas on where I could pick up some stuff to just play around with to test swinging and see how it looks?
Blk
Dagorhirrim

Postby Frothgar » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:43 pm

Go the faux fur route for testing purposes. Most fabric stores will have something.

Also, consider a sculpted, full coverage mask either on its own or integrated into a helmet. Lot of people have mentions the psychological effect of an unchanging dispassionate visage on someone who should be breathing hard and screaming. Thinking specifically of Saligia and his undead soldiers.
Frothgar
Dagorhirrim

Postby Dust & Bones » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:37 pm

Yeah, that's a "Steampunk Juggernaut" but cut out all the gears and laser-eyes and it's:
Big ass vambraces (Arms)
Big ass Greaves/Boots
Big pauldron
Big helmet
More or less a Big belt with a plate.
Dust & Bones
Dagorhirrim

Postby Ingvar the Ruthless » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:43 pm

blk, if you are worried about armor, just use chain. It's pretty easy to alter every few months, and you will need to make repairs on it from time to time anyways. Make yourself/buy yourself a vest. As to your original question, you have almost the same measurements as me, but I'm only 5'7. My character is a dwarf from a hill tribe. You could probably pull off something similar, only being a couple inches taller. Find a nice leather couch on the side of the road and make a tunic with it. Get some fake fur from somewhere and make yourself a mantle w/out a hood to add bulk to your shoulders and wear a chain vest over top, you will look sick!
Ingvar the Ruthless
Dagorhirrim

Postby Anvildude » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:36 pm

Still thinking something along the lines of Warhammer Fantasy Ogre would be pretty awesome- and if you're gonna be gaining weight/muscle/mass regularly, it'd just enhance the characterization!

Or Dwarf.  that's also good.
Anvildude
Dagorhirrim

Postby Blk » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:16 pm

[quote="Ingvar the Ruthless"]
blk, if you are worried about armor, just use chain. It's pretty easy to alter every few months, and you will need to make repairs on it from time to time anyways. Make yourself/buy yourself a vest. As to your original question, you have almost the same measurements as me, but I'm only 5'7. My character is a dwarf from a hill tribe. You could probably pull off something similar, only being a couple inches taller. Find a nice leather couch on the side of the road and make a tunic with it. Get some fake fur from somewhere and make yourself a mantle w/out a hood to add bulk to your shoulders and wear a chain vest over top, you will look sick!
[/quote]

You have one very important thing I lack: an awesome beard!  No beardless dwarves!

I do not craft, and for the ten seconds I considered making chain I researched it and it is crazy expensive based on how much time I would be investing.  It's one thing to spend $500-1000 for someone to make me armor, and quite another to spend $300-600 and make it myself.
Blk
Dagorhirrim

Postby Kade » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:59 pm

Go with a Barbute helm.

You will be able to put glasses on under it provided that its big enough. You give the dimension of your glasses to any compliant armor smith and they will be able to work around them.

[img width=600 height=600]http://www.cashanwei.com/img/prod/ab0336_1.jpg[/img]
Searchable on Book of Faces under the name "Kade's Work Bench"
Kade
Dagorhirrim

Postby Rafiq's Slightly Used Camels » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:08 pm

Grand Schindler of the Garbstapo
[quote="Aondor"]
Fedoras save me the time of having to get to know someone before i assume things about them.
[/quote]
Rafiq's Slightly Used Camels
Dagorhirrim

Postby Lione » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:18 am

Looking intimidating is not necessarily all in the gear, I believe it also comes from the way you carry yourself and how you act. You could throw on a tunic and pants but if you're walking around with a scowl the whole time and you just look angry, I'm probably going to be more intimidating than if you're always smiling.

That's not to say you should discount gear entirely. There's something to be said about not being able to see an opponents face. Corinthian helmets(or Barbutes as mentioned above which evolved from the Corinthian) work well. Roman style helmets also seem to work with bigger guys. A musculata with the right proportions could help take away some of the core bulk and make it look more like defined muscle.
Lione
Dagorhirrim

Postby Blk » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:29 am

So something like this:
Attachments
Ogre Bruiser Frostfang Tribe (4).jpg
0.jpg
Blk
Dagorhirrim

Postby Blk » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:01 pm

So I was playing around with stuff around the house trying to implement some of these ideas.  I tried using my old hockey shin/knee guards to simulate greaves but they were way too small now - decided to use them as gauntlets.  Wrapped some pants and ace bandages around my shins, tied two towels around my boy parts, took off my glasses, and put on my real weight belt and a cheap old one for the belly.  Could not figure out how to wrap "fur" around my shoulders.

Here are the pictures - help me improve from there!

[img width=577 height=1024]http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc433/BLK623/IMG_20130427_133200_255_zps49aab4ec.jpg[/img]
[img width=577 height=1024]http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc433/BLK623/IMG_20130427_133153_598_zps3df05a71.jpg[/img]
[img width=577 height=1024]http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc433/BLK623/IMG_20130427_132725_749_zps4b2363b5.jpg[/img]
[img width=800 height=450]http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc433/BLK623/IMG_20130427_132653_533_zps64d24b62.jpg[/img]
[img width=577 height=1024]http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc433/BLK623/IMG_20130427_134341_516_zps14bed9f8.jpg[/img]
Blk
Dagorhirrim

Postby Commissar Dudley S. Thunder, Master of Earth-Realm. » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:25 pm

I like it.

Replace the towel with linen.

Replace the ace bandages with wool winningas.

I'd make something like Cas has for his arm, that looks pretty neat.

The belly plate idea people are throwing out could be done if you can find an appropriate gauge steel wok.

I like the whole idea your going for. Add that Barbute Kade posted and you'd look menacing as ****
Dudley of Wolf Pack.
Master of Ceremonies.
Space Knight in Good Standing.
Commissar Dudley S. Thunder, Master of Earth-Realm.
Dagorhirrim

Postby Lione » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:38 pm

[quote="Dudley S. Grimes"]

I'd make something like Cas has for his arm, that looks pretty neat.

[/quote]

If you mean the armor, I believe he has a Manica on. Sweet piece of armor. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manica_(armguard)
Lione
Dagorhirrim

Postby Thask » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:59 pm

You make a good gladiator, that's definitely the right physique for it, I tried it but I feel im too tall and thin for it.
Thask
Dagorhirrim

Postby Blk » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:29 pm

What I am wearing in the pics is definitely gladiatorish, but I want to edge it more towards barbarian or fantasy -whatever-.  So I took the basic ideas and now want to have you guys tell me what to add/improve/change.  I do not want to be a slave forced to fight  ;)
Blk
Dagorhirrim

Postby Surrylda » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:44 pm

Think Gimli, but taller.
The White Witch of the Far Harad
Not a guy
Surrylda
Dagorhirrim

Postby Anvildude » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:00 pm

Belts are actually rather simple bits of leatherwork- if you can get your hands on an armour-grade hide, or at least a strip about one to one and a half feet wide, and a few feet long, as well as some buckles and some copper rivets, you should be able to make the basic part of it- make the bit on your front (buckles in the back) have a rounder bulge to it so that it comes up under your pecs and goes down to cover your pelvis a little- this is where you'd attach the 'Gut Plate'.  For a really simple one, you could maybe use a modified Wok (though that'd probably be silly to do).  The better way would probably be to get a sheet of armour grade steel (ask for Welding Steel at your local hardware store) big enough and use a compass (string and pencil) to trace out an appropriately sized circle, then dish it to match what you feel is comfortable.

Could actually just attach heavy strips of leather to either side of that, which would then buckle behind you, instead of the single length of belt.  Pad it with fur on the edges and some batting inside (seat cushion/pillow stuff) and it'd probably be fine.

Fancyness comes when you emboss or etch designs and images onto it- leering fanged faces, giant gaping maws, kill tallies, tribal designs...  Adding some gilding to parts, or silver inlays...
Anvildude
Dagorhirrim

Postby Sirser Tarburz, Double-Knight of House Tull » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:19 pm

just get armour dude.
if anyone should be complaining it's me
[img width=640 height=960]https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/58020_575333342485068_1902603436_n.jpg[/img]
[img width=640 height=960]https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/734523_575332865818449_1126976339_n.jpg[/img]
"people who wear failing garb show a lack of concern for the MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT OF THE GAME. living a fantasy and suspending belief in the mundane world. they can RUIN THE GAME for others. People who dress like this will not be allowed to participate in Dagorhir." -DagMoA
#MetalGauntlets2014
Sirser Tarburz, Double-Knight of House Tull
Dagorhirrim

Postby Ingvar the Ruthless » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:54 pm

After seeing actual pictures, I have to say, Blk, that you have an amazing body shape. I will amend my previous statements about dwarves and instead say Orc Berserker.
Here are some inspiration pictures that I googled for you...
[img width=219 height=230]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpLVend3h9UHM5KEbQ_27V882AImCdGBlKx5vkYgDeScyk0j6RyA[/img]
[img width=495 height=700]http://images.wikia.com/magicrealms/images/0/05/Troll-berserker-final.jpg[/img]
[img width=237 height=213]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXP0JI9TlDfPBS7DW2nfKqq0eGiJyr_0Q1HJ0gdqqrPjsGKgE7[/img]
[img width=800 height=898]http://th01.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/128/f/8/halforc_berserker_evil__by_penett-d4yzi35.jpg[/img]
That last one is actually described as a Half-Orc, which could be an awesome beginning for a backstory.
Ingvar the Ruthless
Dagorhirrim

Postby Daz » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:21 pm

DUDE! that's a PERFECT look for you. armor can be added should you want easily, just follow the whole gladiator/barbarian look.

when it gets cold, add furs to this look, think fur skirting for the legs.

take dudley's advice to modify this, though possibly go with linen wraps for your shins instead for the hotter days.
Kensman Daz Magnisson, House Red
Descended from The Giant Magni, Son of the Thunder God Thor and the Giantess Jarnsaxa
Courtesy is owed; respect is earned; love is given
Once is an accident, twice- a coincidence, but three times is enemy action- various people
Daz
Dagorhirrim

Postby Lt. Colonel Nessie-Pop » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:52 pm

Dude, you look terrifying. Kidney belt, leg wraps/greaves/both, and a loincloth, and you're good.
...the Lemurs are some of the coolest guys to hang around with at events...-Alric
Lt. Colonel Nessie-Pop
Dagorhirrim

Postby Dust & Bones » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:58 pm

Yeah you look like you could snap that red in your hands.  I think the idea is sound.
Dust & Bones
Dagorhirrim

Postby Cassius » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:35 am

Do the dick rag.
Cassius
Dagorhirrim

Next

Return to Garb & Equipment