[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Dagorhir Web Boards • View topic - Help! Arming Doublets?

Help! Arming Doublets?

Talk about clothing patterns and other special Dagorhir equipment you have made

Moderator: Global Moderator

Help! Arming Doublets?

Postby acidrayne » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:57 pm

So, To make it clear. I do know what an Arming Doublet is, and I know what I basically want this one to look like.[img width=593 height=800]http://www.kultofathena.com/images%5CSNMC7121BK_2_l.jpg[/img]

The issue arises in the, Where the heck do I find a pattern or tutorial on constructing one? front.

I do hope that it's understood here that I have indeed attempted to Google this. I'd prefer a free pattern to one that I have to pay to even view. Even if that means I have to modify it a bit for my needs.

Any Help would be amazing, my unit leaders are already banging out the plate armor that goes on these, quite literally, so swiftness would also be Ideal.
acidrayne
Dagorhirrim

Re: Help! Arming Doublets?

Postby Urdok » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:50 am

I have yet to find a good, free pattern for an arming coat. I am including one bellow that many people I know have liked. That said, while arming coats are great for torso armor, I find C-belts to be a much better solution for hanging legs. They provide better weight distribution and movement.

Sir Urdok, Knight of the Mark, Baron and Warlord of Sarmatia
Lord Protector of Barenheim
Urdok
Dagorhirrim

Postby Arrakis » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:23 pm

Your best bet is to base your pattern on a standard doublet pattern built off of a personal Block for the indivudual in question or tailored onto them.

Look into The Medieval Tailor's Assistant for a plausible and easy-to-follow method.
Arrakis
Dagorhirrim

Postby acidrayne » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:21 am

[quote="Arrakis"]
Your best bet is to base your pattern on a standard doublet pattern built off of a personal Block for the indivudual in question or tailored onto them.

Look into The Medieval Tailor's Assistant for a plausible and easy-to-follow method.
[/quote]

Thanks for your advice. I have The Medieval Tailor's Assistant bookmarked from prior research. I will take a good look at it.
acidrayne
Dagorhirrim

Return to Garb & Equipment