Camping at Ragnarok

Information about Dagorhir's biggest national event!

Moderator: Global Moderator

Camping at Ragnarok

Postby Stormthroe » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:12 am

Good morrow Dagorhirim!

I will be going to Rag for the first time this year, and camping out a few days on the last four days. My usual camp loadout is extremely minimalist, usually using survival shelters to keep the rain off with an iso mat and a bag. My question is, without knowing much about Ragnarok, I don't know how much material is available to build myself a hut for the couple nights I'll be staying. I'm not too worried about food and such; I can leave that in the car and jog back and forth as needed, plus I imagine I'd have no problem hauling out a cooler.

My first question, is this style of camping even allowed by the campground? I've been in locales that get super mad about me scavenging branches, deadfall, and litter to make myself a lean to.

My second question, if I camp out in this way, is it feasible by the materials at Cooper's Lake? And if not, I don't have any period tents or anything to use, so would a standard tent be alright?

Thanks,
Haraka
Stormthroe
Dagorhirrim

Re: Camping at Ragnarok

Postby Magpie » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:54 pm

Some parts of camp are really picked over already. Not sure on the policy.

While period tents are awesome, the vast majority of people still use modern tents.
Magpie
Dagorhirrim

Re: Camping at Ragnarok

Postby Stormthroe » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:09 pm

Thanks! I spoke with some of the folks from my local chapter, they said about the same thing. I have a modern tent, I just don't enjoy using it as much as setting up my own home-in-the-wilds. However, a place to stay is a place to stay!
Stormthroe
Dagorhirrim

Return to Ragnarok