How Do I Make A Sword?

New Players,
Please check here before asking any questions. If you don't see an answer to your question here, feel free to ask in the appropriate sub forum.

Moderator: Global Moderator

How Do I Make A Sword?

Postby Dominick Stoneskull » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:00 pm

How do I make a legal sword?

The first thing you should decide is whether you want to use a shorter weapon (known in the Dagorhir ruleset as a "blue weapon"), or if you want to use a longer blade (a "red weapon").

New players should absolutely start with blue weapons. Once you've gotten familiar with the rules of combat, your own strengths and weaknesses, and have an idea of what you really want out of a sword, then consider upgrading. Until then, you'll become a better fighter in the long term by developing a solid foundation.

Making a basic blue sword:

TUTORIAL GOES HERE

Ready to upgrade? Here's how to make a basic red sword:

TUTORIAL GOES HERE
[quote="Anvildude"]
I know the concept of gender differences might be a bit foreign to you, Dom, but I'm pretty sure Daz is male, and thus would not wear female kimonos.  [/quote]
Dominick Stoneskull
Global Moderator

Re: How Do I Make A Sword?

Postby EltNoobl » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:03 pm

So, where are the tutorials?
EltNoobl
Dagorhirrim

Postby peter007 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:58 pm

Ya dude.... you have not attached the tutorials... lol
peter007
Dagorhirrim

Postby Magpie » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:40 pm

Sorry about that. We're in the process of making a new site, new forums, and (hopefully) a fancy tutorial section. I think Dom was making a template that never got updated.

In the meantime, try this (or ask more specific questions as needed): http://geddon.org/Constructing_a_Blue_Sword
Magpie
Dagorhirrim

Return to New Players FAQs