Semi-Experimental Omni glavie

Building a weapon? Have a new design or helpful hint you would like to share? Please ask advice or give advice here!

Moderator: Global Moderator

Semi-Experimental Omni glavie

Postby Xexman » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:05 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUPJIAUXx20&t=82s

Posted in the video above is a weapon. The weapon holder refers to as an omni glavie. I have had a weapon like this (essistail was a mace+spear pole arm). I haven't been doing boffer weapon combat since 2013. I want to recreate this weapon but for the life of me i cant figure out how to get the blades like this. Ps i have many year experience foam smithing.
The best Lessons we learn are the ones we never forget.
Xexman
Dagorhirrim

Re: Semi-Experimental Omni glavie

Postby Sven Kolfinsson » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:07 am

I think it's just your standard cylinder with four decorative strips. Shouldn't be too hard to make look right. It's gonna be more important to get a super stretchy cover material so you can still see all of the detail underneath.
Sven Kolfinsson
Dagorhirrim

Postby Varadin » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:33 am

That weapon fails

4.1.11.2.3 - Balance above the un-padded handle section.

So if you make it don't mimic his handle placement.

Most likely that is build with a Box around the core and strips building it off. Basically a sword with sword blades on its side. Once its thick enough they cut into the shape to make the grooves. Or cut the shape lower and build over it.
Varadin
Dagorhirrim

Postby Sven Kolfinsson » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:45 am

Varadin wrote:That weapon fails

4.1.11.2.3 - Balance above the un-padded handle section.

So if you make it don't mimic his handle placement.

Most likely that is build with a Box around the core and strips building it off. Basically a sword with sword blades on its side. Once its thick enough they cut into the shape to make the grooves. Or cut the shape lower and build over it.

True, I overlooked the balance rule. It doesn't seem very safe to have exposed handle that far up the weapon anyways.
Sven Kolfinsson
Dagorhirrim

Return to Weapons & Armor