Dead leg vulnerability clarification

Questions, clarifications, and/ or comments regarding Dagorhir Rules.

Moderator: Global Moderator

Dead leg vulnerability clarification

Postby Wisekoala » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:54 pm

Hi Dagorhirim,
      If you are hit in the leg and start to go down on the leg and are attacked again in the same leg before your knee hits the ground, does the shot go through to the other leg, or does it not count?
Wisekoala
Dagorhirrim

Re: Dead leg vulnerability clarification

Postby Sven Kolfinsson » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:52 pm

That's kind of a grey area since you're in the motion of going to a knee, but the leg isn't really "dead" yet. I'd take the hit if it happened to me. It's better to err on the side of taking a hit in situations like this in my opinion.
Disirregardlessly hivemind wrote:
Sven Kolfinsson wrote:...it worked pretty good until a side fell.

tl;dr: the history of warfare :)

#metalgauntlets2014
Sven Kolfinsson
Dagorhirrim

Re: Dead leg vulnerability clarification

Postby Magpie » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:26 am

I've always told (and been told) to take it, but the rules don't seem to suggest you must.

6.4 - If you lose a leg, you must immediately kneel on that knee. To move from place to place you must either crawl, dragging the injured leg, or have comrades carry you. Hopping around on your uninjured leg is not allowed. However, you may make a lunge off the good leg toward an opponent. Any strike to a leg that has already been lost does not count. If both legs are wounded, you may only "knee walk", drag yourself by your arms, or be carried in order to move.

6.5 - If both knees are on the ground, and the leg wound is from a hacking or smashing weapon then any hit to either leg is considered a hit on the good leg.

6.6 - If the target is lunging/rolling around and has a wounded leg (hacking or smashing) and is hit in either leg (even the one already hit) it is considered a hit on the good leg.
Magpie of Rhun Valinor Denuvald! I have a Dream Blog and Published Writings List.
Magpie
Dagorhirrim

Return to Rules rules rules