Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Starting the Altoona Chapter  (Read 1040 times)

Achilles

• New User
    • View Profile
Starting the Altoona Chapter
« on: May 19, 2009, 09:39:41 pm »
Ok me and my friend have decided that we are more than likely going to start a chapter in Altoona,PA. We were wondering how many people were out there that would want to join and {Please do not discuss practices until you are an Official Chapter}. We were also discussing a name, if anyone has any ideas.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 10:18:01 pm by Lykos MacGregor »

Alric

• Administrator
  •  
  • Realm: Angaron
  • Unit: Drentha
    • View Profile
Re: Starting the Altoona Chapter
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 10:22:09 pm »
Instead of forming a chapter, why don't you guys form a unit and join Maethodoron (Indiana, PA) or the chapter in State College? You'd still have your own practices, etc, but you wouldn't have to worry about running a whole chapter.

Alethea

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 05:41:26 pm »
I'd really like there to be a unit or chapter in Altoona, I'd be very interested in joining.  There might also be 2 others who would join with me.  And if an actual unit/chapter were formed in this area, there are a few others I would like to try to recruit too.

Izad

•  
  • Realm: Maethodoron
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 03:24:05 am »
My name is Izad. I am a veteran in Maethodoron. In Indiana, PA. I have been with the group for going on 4 years now. I can safely say for us, that if you want to come out to a practice, come on out and meet us ( if you are still interested in this) cause i see that this post was back in May. But i just found it. Anyway, come on out and meet us. We fight in the Oak Grove on the IUP campus every Sunday at 2:00pm and for now at least, every Friday at 4:00pm. We would be glad to show you some stuff and im sure we have some weapons for you to try out and fight for a while.

And then if you want to start your own Realm you can do that or we could talk about you starting a Unit under our banner.

Thanks to Alric for suggesting us.

Alakcrist

•  
  • Realm: Valinor
  • Unit: Uruk Hai
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 04:17:25 pm »
Humble greetings from the Undying Lands,

I am Alakcrist, one of the two acting Constables of Valinor. We are a new Realm located in the heart of PA, we hold practices at the PSU main campus. I would like to extend to you our hand in support of your fledgling group. We have a few fighters that practice with us weekly and hail from the Altoona campus. We are always looking for more friends to beat with foam sticks and to share what we have learned. Please feel free to look at our site for more information, and do not hesitate to contact me. I wouldn't mind making the short drive to Altoona to help out in any way I can.

Belain na le,

Alakcrist

Constable of  Valinor.

Askarus Space Champion

•  
  • Unit: Sparta
  • RAGNAROK XXVIII SECURITY
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 04:46:24 pm »
Achilles, I can vouch for Izad and the rest of Maethodoron, they really are world class cats, who have a great deal of knowledge you can tap if you decide to join them.

Askarus
King of Sparta/Rockstar
Ragnarok XXVIII Head of Security

Magpie

•  
  • Realm: Denuvald
  • Unit: Order of the Squirrel
  • Tinker, Thing-Maker, Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 05:43:24 pm »
Welcome to the area!  I'd happily come along with Alakcrist to help you out, if I ever can, or I'd happily see you at any of our Valinor practices, every sunday.

As he said, we do already have several fighters from Altoona who might be rather happy having extra car-poolers, or joining any local practices you hold after becoming a unit.

Keep us posted!

:-D
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 05:45:38 pm by Magpie »

Magpie of Rhun Valinor Denuvald! I have a Dream Blog and Published Writings List.

Sváva The SpaceWolf

•  
  • Realm: Aratari
  • Unit: The Wolves of Asgard
  • Fueled By Spite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 07:17:37 pm »
So to derail this thread slightly, all of these PA should go out to the next battle Maethodoron host in Indiana. A fighter from Maethodoron and his wife visited my SCA practice yesterday and we talked a bit about their bi-monthly battles. There's no reason that with all of these units in PA these can't be nice big battles.

Is not a Roman.

Alakcrist

•  
  • Realm: Valinor
  • Unit: Uruk Hai
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2009, 09:03:23 pm »
 /agree

Constable of  Valinor.

Izad

•  
  • Realm: Maethodoron
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2009, 01:46:49 am »
This is Izad of Maethodoron in Indiana, PA.

Svava and Alakcrist, if you would like to attend our next event we are scheduling our next bi-monthly for December 12th (I believe that DATE IS TENTATIVE right now). So you can come out to that. And our annual Winter Event (February 20th, also a TENTATIVE DATE)  You and your realms should come on out to those. We are going to post the actual dates and information on the Events Forums here on the national boards at a closer time. So keep your eyes peeled for that. Hope to see everyone there.

Sváva The SpaceWolf

•  
  • Realm: Aratari
  • Unit: The Wolves of Asgard
  • Fueled By Spite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2009, 11:22:03 pm »
Hey 'Toona kids! How's this coming for you? Any progress? Setbacks?

Is not a Roman.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
« previous next »

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 24 queries.