Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: RAG XXV Questions  (Read 5893 times)

K"urn

•  
  • Realm: Sage Hill
  • Unit: War Wolf ship Nithog
    • View Profile
RAG XXV Questions
« on: December 14, 2009, 11:29:57 pm »
I figured it may be good to start a general question thread.

I'm asking this for one of my unit mates. "Why does the official Rag website say 'No Pets' when the campsites website says dogs are ok as long as they are leashed?"

K-

"Twenty three years in....and counting..."

Judge Dredd

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
Re: RAG XXV Questions
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 11:37:16 pm »
Cause pets are not allowed at Rag

Askarus Space Champion

•  
  • Unit: Sparta
  • RAGNAROK XXVIII SECURITY
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 11:40:47 pm »
no poo = good times!

Askarus
King of Sparta/Rockstar
Ragnarok XXVIII Head of Security

K"urn

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 11:42:22 pm »
So then it's a RAG rule? I'm curious as to why this changed?

K-

Grom316

•  
  • Realm: Einherjar
  • RAGNAROK XXX SECURITY
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 12:01:42 am »
So then it's a RAG rule? I'm curious as to why this changed?

K-

Long Answer: Same reason the coopers doesn't allow them at Pennsic either, allegies, bites, and litigatation Oh My!  Seriously though there are different contracts signed between organizations and individual campers. Judging by every other event I've ever been to there, no pets have been allowed. Prolley something to do with packing that many people in at once.

Short Answer: As is common in life when your not allowed to do something... Someone else before you was an idiot.

Dedric Aristata

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2009, 12:22:51 am »
Because whoever did the negotiating on our behalf should have negotiated a bit harder. We sign wavers so we can't sue for injuries, no reason the same exact thing can't be done with pets. If I had pets, I would be mega-pissed, and probably decide to piss on every fire hydrant there just so everyone else could have the pet feeling. Fortunately, I do not have pets.

Quote from: Blackhawk the Apollyon
All hail Dedric... the most awesomest fighter ever to grow an epic beard!!!

Freedom of discussion, unaided by power, is sufficient for ... truth. It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself. - Jefferson

Jari Kafghan

• Global Moderator
  •  
  • Unit: Free Cities
  • Day Events Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 12:24:02 am »
And that fixes what Dedric?

Grom316

•  
  • RAGNAROK XXX SECURITY
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 12:36:02 am »
Because whoever did the negotiating on our behalf should have negotiated a bit harder. We sign wavers so we can't sue for injuries, no reason the same exact thing can't be done with pets. If I had pets, I would be mega-pissed, and probably decide to piss on every fire hydrant there just so everyone else could have the pet feeling. Fortunately, I do not have pets.

You would actually sign a waiver so if Larry brings Spike the Rottwieller, is criminally neglegent, and allows the dog he bought from Michael Vick to run loose cause, "He ain't bit noone." comes up and removes a largish section of your kid you brought to rags left leg? 

See the problem really boils down to insurance, having been to more FFA, equestrian events ect. than I care to recall I garentee you that breaking your leg on the battle field and fido snapping it off are two COMPLETELY diferent clauses.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 12:44:56 am by Grom316 »

Askarus Space Champion

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2009, 12:38:21 am »
Nobody cares about your pets. I'm sure getting a site that your dog can enjoy was the furthest thing from the business councils minds. 

Askarus
King of Sparta/Rockstar

Alric

• Administrator
  •  
  • Realm: Angaron
  • Unit: Drentha
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2009, 01:07:02 am »

Sure, because we totally have more leverage than the guys who negotiate the Pennsic contracts. Coopers Lake is used to having large groups of medievalists use their campground, and they don't let the other guys bring pets either.

Dedric Aristata

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2009, 01:20:51 am »
So then who IS allowed to bring pets, Alric? Or was the OP wrong in saying that they allow pets there?

Jari, it fixes nothing. It didn't fix anything when I opened my beer with my boxers a few minutes ago either. But I still did it. Some of my actions are done for the greater good, some for my own enjoyment, and still others never make it past the stage of imagination.

Askarus, it's not about the dog enjoying the trip. It's about that if I had a pet, I'd have to stay home and take care of it. One of the many reasons I don't have pets.

And yes, Grom, I'd sign that waiver. Well, I'd sign the waiver that I would not hold DBGA, Inc., or Cooper's Lake responsible. And I wouldn't do anything legally, either. I'd rip the dog's head off and shove it up its owner's ass. But our society is far too litigious, and suing the campground would be just plain wrong. In fact, I'm getting pissed just thinking about how stupid people are that they would actually do that, and should have their heads shoved under the sandbars in the creek at Spring Valley, so I'm going to have more beer and sign off now, I mean if you get bit by a dog in Cambridge, you can't sue Cambridge, can you?

Quote from: Blackhawk the Apollyon
All hail Dedric... the most awesomest fighter ever to grow an epic beard!!!

Freedom of discussion, unaided by power, is sufficient for ... truth. It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself. - Jefferson

Kyrax Niu-Taer

•  
  • Realm: Mallenorod
  • Unit: Brotherhood of Mithris
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2009, 01:31:52 am »
Because whoever did the negotiating on our behalf should have negotiated a bit harder.
Wow, that's a logical leap.  You are assuming that being allowed to bring pets was negotiable.

K"urn asked a question about something on the Cooper's Lake website that differs from the Dagorhir contract with Cooper's Lake for Ragnarok.  Grom brought up a good point that this site does not allow pets at ANY large event they host. And if you step back and think about it, it's one thing for a campground that's hosting a few hundred campers allows pets, but the same space is hosting several thousand (estimated) may be a different situation.  At least that's one possibility for why there's a difference in policies. 

Regardless, the policy for this year is no pets.  If you want it revisited, take the matter to your chapter's Rag Wr Council rep. and they can raise it there.

Mallenorod@dagorhir.com
Quote from: Paraphrased from Leonidas
Think about your honor as if it were the only currency you had available to you in Dagorhir.  Every time you do something on the field, you are either making a deposit into your account, or making a withdrawal from it.

Gorbag

•  
  • Realm: Oakvale
  • Unit: Guard: Brute Squad: 3rd Regiment
  • Sheriff
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2009, 01:37:52 am »
I have a questiong about this:
minors are only allowed if their parent or permanent legal guardian is on site.

Am I correct in understanding that no under 18s will be allowed on site even if their parent's have signed over legal guardianship temporarily to a chaperone? And, is this a park rule or an event rule?

Grom316

•  
  • RAGNAROK XXX SECURITY
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2009, 01:42:12 am »
So then who IS allowed to bring pets, Alric? Or was the OP wrong in saying that they allow pets there?

And yes, Grom, I'd sign that waiver. Well, I'd sign the waiver that I would not hold DBGA, Inc., or Cooper's Lake responsible. And I wouldn't do anything legally, either. I'd rip the dog's head off and shove it up its owner's ass. But our society is far too litigious, and suing the campground would be just plain wrong. In fact, I'm getting pissed just thinking about how stupid people are that they would actually do that, and should have their heads shoved under the sandbars in the creek at Spring Valley, so I'm going to have more beer and sign off now, I mean if you get bit by a dog in Cambridge, you can't sue Cambridge, can you?

Well not everyone would sign that waiver and there's still the insurance issue. Hence no pets.

And yes you can sue Cambridge, IF you can prove thier animal control was negligent. I can site precedence if you like.

Refering back to the Rag website, we find: The only exception to this are certified trained helper animals. All helper animals must be registered with Troll. Proper paper work for a certified helper animal must also be presented at Troll.

Am I correct in understanding that no under 18s will be allowed on site even if their parent's have signed over legal guardianship temporarily to a chaperone? And, is this a park rule or an event rule?

You are correct persons under 18 will not be permitted to attend, without a parent or PERMENANT legal guardian attending.  As to who's rule it is I think the point we've all reached is. Someone made the rule and no matter how much anyone likes it thats the way it is this year.  Perhaps if we speak to our war council rep and/or volunteer to help run the event next year, we can change it next year.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 01:49:31 am by Grom316 »

Kyrax Niu-Taer

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2009, 01:42:53 am »
Nobody is, silly.  Not to Ragnarok.  The Cooper's Lake website rules are for folks coming there as regular campers at other times (and paying much higher rates).

Quote from: Dedric
Askarus, it's not about the dog enjoying the trip. It's about that if I had a pet, I'd have to stay home and take care of it.

Nope, sorry, that straw man doesn't cover it.  Pet owners have a lot more options than just staying home. 

Mallenorod@dagorhir.com
Think about your honor as if it were the only currency you had available to you in Dagorhir.  Every time you do something on the field, you are either making a deposit into your account, or making a withdrawal from it.

Dominick Stoneskull

• Global Moderator
  •  
  • Realm: Kingdom of Jerusalem
  • Unit: Knights of the Fiat Lux, Kegstanders, Blades of Solomon
  • Confusing foam weapon fighter pronouns since 2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2009, 01:44:02 am »
Gorbag--That's correct, and if I'm not mistaken, it's a Coopers Lake rule.

It's covered on the Rag FAQ at http://www.einherjarsvalhalla.com/ragnarok/faq.html.

I know the concept of gender differences might be a bit foreign to you, Dom, but I'm pretty sure Daz is male, and thus would not wear female kimonos. 

Kyrax Niu-Taer

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2009, 01:47:03 am »
I have a question about this:

It's a rule that the site owners require for big events, so I suppose that you can call it a park rule.  The responses we've seen previously have said that it was non-negotiable. No temporary chaperones, no elder brothers and so on (unless they are permanent legal guardians). 

Mallenorod@dagorhir.com

Dominick Stoneskull

• Global Moderator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2009, 02:02:04 am »
Hey, I've actually got a question, too. My apologies for the likely case that it's covered elsewhere.

Are there any Rag campsites available that have electric hookups? We have a fighter in our realm who's very interested in attending Rag, but he has severe sleep apnea, and would need access to a power outlet to run his machine overnight. Before he asks for time off work, I'd like to find out the feasibility of being able to accommodate him.

I'm sorry if this is covered elsewhere; I've tried to keep myself informed on all the Rag stuff, but other than the Cooper's Lake website confirming that some sites have hookups, I can't remember or seem to find something to confirm if we have access.

I know the concept of gender differences might be a bit foreign to you, Dom, but I'm pretty sure Daz is male, and thus would not wear female kimonos. 

Grom316

•  
  • RAGNAROK XXX SECURITY
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2009, 02:10:12 am »
Hey, I've actually got a question, too. My apologies for the likely case that it's covered elsewhere.

Are there any Rag campsites available that have electric hookups? We have a fighter in our realm who's very interested in attending Rag, but he has severe sleep apnea, and would need access to a power outlet to run his machine overnight. Before he asks for time off work, I'd like to find out the feasibility of being able to accommodate him.

I'm sorry if this is covered elsewhere; I've tried to keep myself informed on all the Rag stuff, but other than the Cooper's Lake website confirming that some sites have hookups, I can't remember or seem to find something to confirm if we have access.

Actually I'd say at a guess 60% of the sites have electric hookups. Even if yours doesn't however there is a medical camping area set up that most certainly does.

Dominick Stoneskull

• Global Moderator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2009, 02:15:12 am »
Excellent, I'll let him know. Thank you!

athelas

•  
  • Realm: Aratari
  • Unit: Indomar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2009, 05:30:21 am »
Will everyone PLEASE stop whining about the "no pets" rule? I have 3 pets and I will be spending more to board the dog and pay the kitty sitter than I am spending for my spouse and me to attend the event - and I'm not whining. I think it is a perfectly acceptable rule considering the number of people we are expecting.

Camp Mistress, feeding Dagorhirrim since 1999.
The Indo-Haldane, Ginger Overlord and Apollyon Commander
GingerPixie by rote of Illaria.

Tannhäuser.

•  
  • Realm: Arendelle
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2009, 08:53:26 am »
Thanks for staying on top of things Grom!

No Pets and no minors without parents are two hard and fast rules of Cooper's Lake.  If they make or break your Rag experience, I recommend researching other sites.  Both of these issues were explicitly discussed by ourselves with the people running Cooper's Lake, and there is no 'wiggle room' from the campground owners on these issues.  We considered it a small price to pay for the amazing upgrade in facilities and amenities this year (for a very low $$ increase). 

Nearly every power hookup site Cooper's has is in our camping area, and if we can share with each other well, there is no reason that power won't be available to 50%+ of Ragnarok attendees.  The medical camping area is very nice, and is where I will be staying as well (severe sleep apnea) so you will be in good company  ;D

Tannhäuser of Arendelle
Canadian Ambassador
Pahmoten's Patron Saint of Wisdom, Reason, and Sanity
Legend of Ragnarok : Field running mega-czar

athelas

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2009, 09:37:02 am »
People with needs that require power...
If you have a specific group/realm/unit that you insist upon camping with. Make sure to bring one of those really long orange outdoor extension cords and you WILL have power. There is enough to share even if you need to use a splitter.

Judge Dredd

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2009, 11:22:01 am »
Do not worry pet owners. After many letters to the owners of the campsite and to the people in charge of Dag, I was able to get a special dispensation and will be bringing my dwarf to rag.

Edit.. I think in actuality the dwarf has many owners of which I am decidedly NOT ONE.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 11:24:45 am by Blackhawk the Apollyon »

Kensman Ilariia

•  
  • Realm: Drott of the Silver Ravens
  • Unit: Empire of the Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2009, 11:24:49 am »
Did you get him one of those retractable leashes?  Or just a shock collar?

-HRM Kensman Ilariia Bulochnika, called Brenna

First Kensman of the Gullinhrafni
Dronning and Keeper of the Keys of the Empire of the Wolf

Dibs the Imp

•  
  • Realm: Militia
  • Unit: Infantry, Division II
  • You called?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2009, 11:25:06 am »
*squee!!* C'n I take care of him for you, BH?? Pleeeeeeeeeease??

Dibs
Jari's #1 creepy stalker

Dibs the Imp

•  
  • You called?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2009, 11:25:33 am »
Oh yeah, and you owe Brenna a beer. Just sayin'.

Dibs
Jari's #1 creepy stalker

K"urn

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2009, 11:26:28 am »
Will everyone PLEASE stop whining about the "no pets" rule? I have 3 pets and I will be spending more to board the dog and pay the kitty sitter than I am spending for my spouse and me to attend the event - and I'm not whining. I think it is a perfectly acceptable rule considering the number of people we are expecting.

I'm not whining about anything. I am merely speaking on behalf of a unit mate who is confused about the obvious contradiction. I myself have only one pet, who will be boarded for the duration, as he always has been.

K-

Dominick Stoneskull

• Global Moderator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2009, 11:31:35 am »
Do not worry pet owners. After many letters to the owners of the campsite and to the people in charge of Dag, I was able to get a special dispensation and will be bringing my dwarf to rag.

Does this mean we got a service animal Rag tag for Jari, after all?

Edit.. I think in actuality the dwarf has many owners of which I am decidedly NOT ONE.

Beat me to it.

Judge Dredd

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2009, 11:43:15 am »
*squee!!* C'n I take care of him for you, BH?? Pleeeeeeeeeease??
Can you? I, and many concerned Dagorhirum are counting on it.

Askarus Space Champion

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2009, 11:47:56 am »
he can stay with Sparta if need be, we'll take goooood care of him.

<cue porn music>

Askarus
King of Sparta/Rockstar

Kyrax Niu-Taer

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2009, 12:36:49 pm »
No Pets and no minors without parents are two hard and fast rules of Cooper's Lake.  If they make or break your Rag experience, I recommend researching other sites.  Both of these issues were explicitly discussed by ourselves with the people running Cooper's Lake, and there is no 'wiggle room' from the campground owners on these issues.  We considered it a small price to pay for the amazing upgrade in facilities and amenities this year (for a very low $$ increase). 

Thanks for addressing that question specifically Tannheuser, including that y'all had discussed those matters and the owner's response.  I don't think people were accusing anyone of laziness or missing important details, but it is good that you did try to accomodate the needs of us as a group. 

Mallenorod@dagorhir.com

athelas

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2009, 12:46:14 pm »
BH, you can bring the dwarf but I am not volunteering to watch him. He is too mobile to keep tabs on and I only see him when he needs beverages. So... anything he does is YOUR fault (except for the women he does... those are their fault).

Grey Wolfcaller

•  
  • Realm: Mirkwood
  • Unit: Blood Horde
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2009, 03:22:36 pm »
As long as he's got a leash, I'll take care of the dwarf. Then again . . . I'm sure I can scrounge up a leash on my own.

Grey Wolfcaller, Magi of the Blood Horde, Baron of Mirkwood, Vertha Clanmaster, Grand High Homo of Dagorhir

"You think you scare me? Please, I flirt with Oger for fun."

Grom316

•  
  • RAGNAROK XXX SECURITY
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2009, 03:30:02 pm »
Wait do all dwarves need service animal tags cause I am NOT being left in charge of Dargnok :P

athelas

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2009, 04:24:37 pm »
Not all dwarves need tags, just Jari. And there are many, many wimmens willing to look out for him.

Stellaria

•  
  • Does NOT sew for hire. Sorry, folks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2009, 07:40:57 pm »
And that imp. I'm sure she'll do a good job ::)

Stell
Dagorhir is too big for special snowflakes. A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine. You aren't special. Follow the damn rules.

athelas

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2009, 07:51:05 pm »
I thought he was now your responsibility, Stell. You guys are in business together so YOU need to watch out for him (hee hee, good luck with that)

Izad

•  
  • Realm: Maethodoron
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2009, 08:43:49 pm »

omg, these questions are every where but its like no one understands it. I know it sucks cause my realm has a few minors too but here it is.

A minor 17 years old or younger can not attend unless their parent(s) or legal guardian is standing right there beside them at troll and is camping at the event for the entire week. This does not mean that your older brother or sister or cousin can be your guardian. It is a parent that gave birth to you, adopted you or a legal guardian that is appointed by the state or something. Its not that hard to understand.

Gorbag, i didnt mean this as a personal assault against you, i was just using yours as an example that every one keeps asking. I wasnt attacking you personally at all. So please take no offense.

Grom316

•  
  • RAGNAROK XXX SECURITY
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2009, 09:28:56 pm »
i got nothing
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 09:49:48 pm by Grom316 »

Stellaria

•  
  • Does NOT sew for hire. Sorry, folks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2009, 10:57:01 pm »
I thought he was now your responsibility, Stell. You guys are in business together so YOU need to watch out for him (hee hee, good luck with that)
Pfff! Responsibility? Heckno! I'll make sure he's got food and remembers his shots and crap, but I'm not his mother :P  I'll let Little Miss Excited up there take care of that.

Stell
Dagorhir is too big for special snowflakes. A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine. You aren't special. Follow the damn rules.

Kensman Ilariia

•  
  • Realm: Drott of the Silver Ravens
  • Unit: Empire of the Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2009, 11:36:41 pm »
Invest in the shock collar, Stell....for both of them. ;)

-HRM Kensman Ilariia Bulochnika, called Brenna

First Kensman of the Gullinhrafni
Dronning and Keeper of the Keys of the Empire of the Wolf

Jari Kafghan

• Global Moderator
  •  
  • Day Events Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2009, 12:46:23 am »
If I don't get a service animal tag this Rag I will be a very VERY sad Dwarf. *makes a pouty face*

Grom316

•  
  • RAGNAROK XXX SECURITY
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2009, 01:38:02 am »
Sorry Jari  *Holds up emancipation proclimation* and of course Rag rules include state and federal laws.

Jari Kafghan

• Global Moderator
  •  
  • Day Events Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2009, 02:02:36 am »
But they *points above* promised!

Dibs the Imp

•  
  • You called?
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2009, 03:23:41 am »
S'okay....you can be MY service animal! *waggles eyebrows and leers*

Dibs
Jari's #1 creepy stalker

Korac

•  
  • Unit: Death Squad
  • More bearded axe.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2009, 07:55:40 am »
I understand there is going to be an electric hook up at most of the site.  What is the deal with RV camping?  If I bring mine will I have to camp with the RV turds?  Will I be able to just hook up to electric where all the ragnarok dorks are?

thanks.

Put me back in the womb and abort me.

Tannhäuser.

•  
  • Realm: Arendelle
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2009, 08:45:19 am »
I understand there is going to be an electric hook up at most of the site.  What is the deal with RV camping?  If I bring mine will I have to camp with the RV turds?  Will I be able to just hook up to electric where all the ragnarok dorks are?

thanks.

Contact me off boards for those rules - tannhauser@dagorhir.com

Tannhäuser of Arendelle
Canadian Ambassador
Pahmoten's Patron Saint of Wisdom, Reason, and Sanity
Legend of Ragnarok : Field running mega-czar

Magnus

• Knight-Errant
  •  
  • Realm: Canaur
  • NIHIL TIMENS
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2009, 03:48:53 pm »
Might we restrict threads like this to on-topic discussion only? Like Korac's post and the original post?

Knight of Taurendor
+Benedictus Dominus Fortis Meus Qui Docet Manus Meas Ad Proelium Digitos Meos Ad Bellum+
ἆσσον ἴθ᾽ ὥς κεν θᾶσσον ὀλέθρου πείραθ᾽ ἵκηαι.

gooomBaa

• New User
  • Unit: Divison 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2010, 11:35:03 pm »
So i read in the official coopers lake rules that quiet time is at 11pm? is that going to apply to us or is that a more general campers rule? Cause the midnight quiet time last rag was torture, eleven almost seems like a waste of time . . .
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
« previous next »

Page created in 0.248 seconds with 24 queries.