Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The way I make my pants... ;3  (Read 1676 times)

Kye the Inhuman

•  
  • Realm: Centrawoven
  • Unit: AoM
  • /b/rother
    • View Profile
The way I make my pants... ;3
« on: March 03, 2010, 03:48:38 am »
Alright, I have made my pants this way since i started Dagorhir, 4 years ago. Odd as it sounds, i go to a thrift store and buy a dress. I perfer a dress with that velvety feel, and quite a bit of fabric in the ... uh, dress part...?  <.< to help explain this i have drawn a diagram for it. Its all done by eye, so at most, you have a new, cool lookin pair of pants in about 20 minutes, max.

comments are welcome!

Here goes:

here you need another piece of cloth, or leather or whatever and whichever color you want. a cat is fine too.

Finished product: :D

First pair i ever made... about 3 years ago. still wear them.

you look funny with your head tilted like that. >:3
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 03:53:35 am by Kye the Inhuman »

I jump a lot...

*wails* FIGHT MEEEEEE~! I wanna get better! i'm such a nOOb! >_>

Kossak

•  
  • Realm: Be'lakor
  • Unit: The Black Legion
  • Warmaster of the Black Legion
    • View Profile
Re: The way I make my pants... ;3
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 04:07:01 am »
Interesting method

The Everchosen comes, prepare for the marching of the White Skull.  The City of Skulls awakens; our chaos blades are sharpened, our shields are hoisted, and we await the coming of the Black Crusade!

dagblackcrusade.webs.com , join the Black Crusade!

Ryna

•  
  • Realm: Eryndor
  • Crazy Gypsy Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 07:16:05 am »
As a seamstress, I am offended.

hahaha, no I'm just kidding. It's pretty resourceful, actually. I like the idea a crap ton better than gluing, safety-pining, stapling, or duct-taping. Yes...these are things people do for costumes around Halloween. And yes, sadly I've seen this among Dagorhirrim.

So I thank you for being...logical.

---Honorary Member of Angaron by reason of obscure ethno-centric ties, pork meat provisions, and Jari's desire for a tent buddy. (I'm flattered sweety, really :P)---

Vetari

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 07:17:07 am »
Cool! Although... why does it somehow remind me of mariachi pants?

Common sense is disappearing from this world at an alarming rate.

Atlas Grey the Moonscar

•  
  • Realm: No place to call home
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 07:20:51 am »
When you said you started with a dress, I'm not gonna lie, I was like "uhhhhhhmmm...."

HOWEVER, considering most people don't have sewing exp, I gotta say that's not a bad idea.

"Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head." -Euripides

Leader of the Sons of Olympus.
Captain of the Hunters of Artemis.

Drunken Bob (For Congress)

•  
  • Realm: Nivol Astol
  • Unit: Nivol Astol
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 08:03:00 am »
The way I make my pants

Open a web browser
type in the address bar "www.ebay.com"
type in the search "Pants" or "pantaloons" or some variant of such.
buy pants..

You're all Hookers!!!

The Former Queen of Mardi Gras

Lady Krystal

•  
  • Realm: Dominion of the Unconquered Sun
  • Unit: Myrkridian Infantry
  • Anathema
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 10:09:44 am »
When you said you started with a dress, I'm not gonna lie, I was like "uhhhhhhmmm...."

If you knew Kye, this wouldn't surprise you in the least :P

BTW if you see Kurai bro, tell him I still have that pair of pants I made for him... lol

“Let the warriors clamor after gods of blood and thunder; love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. ”

Countess of Mirkwood - Missouri
Dagorhir's NHL Playoff winner 2011 - D<[[[| x11

Izad

•  
  • Realm: Maethodoron
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2010, 11:22:41 am »
thanks Kye, i have little sewing experience and not enough to sew clothes. So this might help me a great deal. I just have to give it a try.

Side Note: I love the looks i get when i go to Goodwill for some womens stuff for garb and department stores to buy panty hose for my weapon covers. I feel like Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 11:31:35 am by Izad »

Kurai, the Blade

•  
  • Realm: Kingsgate
  • Unit: Mercin' it
  • Squat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2010, 12:20:44 pm »

If you knew Kye, this wouldn't surprise you in the least :P

BTW if you see Kurai bro, tell him I still have that pair of pants I made for him... lol
I'll save ten bucks for you next time I see you. Sorry about asking you to make those and then being a bum and unable to pay you for them. Will make it up to you!

Gainzdalf the Swole of the Swoloship
Quote from: Rap Spaceington
Stay out of this Kurai, we like you for completely arbitrary reasons.

Outhro

•  
  • Unit: Black Corsairs
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2010, 08:03:07 pm »
I am still stuck on the first step
so... you want me to put on a dress to make sure it fits....

Karina

•  
  • Unit: Defenders of the Land
  • Keeper of Gorbag and Casimir ~ A 2 for 1 deal
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2010, 08:07:59 pm »
That's actually a really cool idea!

Quote from: Drunken Bob
Quote from: Kurai D'elacroix
Never realized how tiny she was till I finally met her at Gates
me neither. she is almost barrel tall

Izad

•  
  • Realm: Maethodoron
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2010, 03:12:24 pm »
You should have seen my girlfriends face when i told her that we needed to stop over at Salvation Army or Goodwill so i can buy a dress for myself.

Cyodie

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2010, 05:46:33 pm »
well, Otuthro, you don't have to put it on!( not that it should offend you in any way, cause i mean, we dress up in mideval clothing, and walk into walmart... you would probably get less odd looks by wearing a dress... ) Have you ever held a pair of pants to your waist to see if they go around to the middle of each side? same thing here, if its stretchable material, you can assume, within reason, that it will fit. it doesn't have to be tight, it can hang off of your waist, thats what the belt loops are for, to hold the pants up. :D

@ Bob: yes that is how you buy your pants cheaply, however, this thread is how you make pants, cheaply. lrn2read, ya hooker! ;)

@Karina, Izad, Grey, Vetari, Kossak, : Thanks! originally it was jsut an impromtu garb making idea form my first event. made my garb outta the sheets i took for my bedding that weekend. got compliments on how original it was looking, so i never stopped to consider sewing. besides, the material, and the breeze flowing freely through... well, i'll just say its a gratifying experience. :D

I recommend some sort of shorts or a nice piece of cloth to cover the crotch, if you do alot of crouching. boxers tend to .... ride up, and display your goods, if your not careful. (makes for some wonderful kill opportunitys though, as well as some priceless shocked expressions!)

the screelings will get you, it says so in text,
and if they dont get you the Keeper is next,
lest he who is born free from lifes bond,
and this one is marked; he's the pebble in the pond.

Kye the Inhuman

•  
  • Realm: Centrawoven
  • Unit: AoM
  • /b/rother
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2010, 05:48:16 pm »
well, Otuthro, you don't have to put it on!( not that it should offend you in any way, cause i mean, we dress up in mideval clothing, and walk into walmart... you would probably get less odd looks by wearing a dress... ) Have you ever held a pair of pants to your waist to see if they go around to the middle of each side? same thing here, if its stretchable material, you can assume, within reason, that it will fit. it doesn't have to be tight, it can hang off of your waist, thats what the belt loops are for, to hold the pants up. :D

@ Bob: yes that is how you buy your pants cheaply, however, this thread is how you make pants, cheaply. lrn2read, ya hooker! ;)

@Karina, Izad, Grey, Vetari, Kossak, : Thanks! originally it was jsut an impromtu garb making idea form my first event. made my garb outta the sheets i took for my bedding that weekend. got compliments on how original it was looking, so i never stopped to consider sewing. besides, the material, and the breeze flowing freely through... well, i'll just say its a gratifying experience. :D

I recommend some sort of shorts or a nice piece of cloth to cover the crotch, if you do alot of crouching. boxers tend to .... ride up, and display your goods, if your not careful. (makes for some wonderful kill opportunitys though, as well as some priceless shocked expressions!)

that was me... apparently, i have two accounts. >.<

I jump a lot...

*wails* FIGHT MEEEEEE~! I wanna get better! i'm such a nOOb! >_>

Drunken Bob (For Congress)

•  
  • Realm: Nivol Astol
  • Unit: Nivol Astol
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2010, 09:24:26 am »

that was me... apparently, i have two accounts. >.<

I know how to read, I just don't know how to sew

You're all Hookers!!!

The Former Queen of Mardi Gras
Pages: [1]   Go Up
« previous next »

Page created in 0.201 seconds with 24 queries.