Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving to NY  (Read 1243 times)

Oddayin the Ghoul

•  
  • Realm: Lyonesse
  • Unit: Army of Mordor.
  • Bring your children unto me, and pay tribute.
    • View Profile
Moving to NY
« on: January 14, 2011, 01:07:07 am »
Looks like the army is sending my family to Fort Drum, NY. What is the closest Dag chapter. Is it Lostwithiel?

Bring your children unto me and pay tribute. The weak amongst them I will consume and the strong I will raise at my left hand. The elders of your village will call me a villain. The parents will call me a monster. But your young people... they will call me a god. For I am the beast they wish to be.

Oddayin the Ghoul

•  
    • View Profile
Re: Moving to NY
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 01:12:40 am »
My post on the Lostwithiel Forum.

http://lostwithieldagorhir.freeforums.org/moving-to-the-area-t78.html

Bring your children unto me and pay tribute. The weak amongst them I will consume and the strong I will raise at my left hand. The elders of your village will call me a villain. The parents will call me a monster. But your young people... they will call me a god. For I am the beast they wish to be.

Sir Magnus of Narnia

•  
  • Realm: Tartarus Invictus
  • Unit: Narnia
  • For Narnia! For Aslan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 01:17:49 am »
Looks like the army is sending my family to Fort Drum, NY. What is the closest Dag chapter. Is it Lostwithiel?

Oh Fort Drum how I don't miss thee.

If I see Flora on I will mention this post. Sometimes they don't check stuff day to day.

Sir Magnus of Narnia

Nothing beats a friend like a rubber sword. First rule, don't talk about Rondel Club.

Oddayin the Ghoul

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 01:31:58 am »
Roger Roger. Blargh. To be honest, I am not excited. I have a good thing going here. But, .. starting over. It's what military life is about.

Sir Magnus of Narnia

•  
  • For Narnia! For Aslan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 01:33:22 am »
Roger Roger. Blargh. To be honest, I am not excited. I have a good thing going here. But, .. starting over. It's what military life is about.

True, glad I didn't have to do it with a family. Probably a tough ride sometimes.

Sir Magnus of Narnia

Nothing beats a friend like a rubber sword. First rule, don't talk about Rondel Club.

Oddayin the Ghoul

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 02:04:58 am »
It is still possible we may not go, my wife is going to try to see if she can get the orders altered. Or at the very least get it delayed until summer. .... But I am preparing myself for the worst.

Sir Magnus of Narnia

•  
  • For Narnia! For Aslan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 02:08:01 am »
Eh its not that bad of a place I guess. I probably never saw the good side of Fort Drum honestly. I'm jaded with the entire area East of Rochester :)

Sir Magnus of Narnia

Oddayin the Ghoul

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2011, 02:21:13 am »
When I heard "Fort Drum!" I was like "Oh ****! That isn't far form Buffalo!" .. but 4 hours of driving to make it to a practice is a bit much.

Sir Magnus of Narnia

•  
  • For Narnia! For Aslan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2011, 02:24:31 am »
When I heard "Fort Drum!" I was like "Oh ****! That isn't far form Buffalo!" .. but 4 hours of driving to make it to a practice is a bit much.

Its been a while but I am pretty sure Drum is more like 4+ from Buffalo. It takes me 3 hours just to get to Rome, and that might just be the half way mark. Can't remember. Rochester is not as bad, and of course the Rome chapter and the Legion are even closer.

Sir Magnus of Narnia

Oddayin the Ghoul

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2011, 07:58:08 am »
LOL, that's what I said! but since the turn out in Buffalo is apparently pretty good... that means I could make that trip once every month or two.

Lactro

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2011, 08:06:29 am »
Fort Drum is 3 hours from Buffalo. If it takes you 3 hours to get to Rome you're going someplace wrong. I lived in Watertown from when I was in 3rd grade until I graduated High School. I will make one recommendation. If you have kids try to push for housing either in Watertown or in the Indian River school district. Both are really solid and much better than Carthage.

The great thing about Fort Drum is their snow removal is quicker than most any other place. They also get less snow than places a little further south.

EDIT: I just realized I have no idea where in Buffalo you're talking about coming from so it's very possible it could take closer to 4 hours depending on the time it takes to get to I90.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 08:12:24 am by Lactro »

May you always fight with the sun at your back.

Sir Mirelle of Narnia

• Knight
  •  
  • For Narnia, For Aslan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2011, 08:13:06 am »
Well you may also drive really fast Lactro, cause every time I drive there (which is at least once a month) it takes me at least 3 hours and I go a bit over 70. Drum is an hour more.

Sir Mirelle of Narnia
"Altissimus honor est aliis servire"

(Yes I'm a woman, don't let the Sir confuse you)

Sir Magnus of Narnia

•  
  • For Narnia! For Aslan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2011, 08:14:14 am »
Fort Drum is 3 hours from Buffalo. If it takes you 3 hours to get to Rome you're going someplace wrong. I lived in Watertown from when I was in 3rd grade until I graduated High School. I will make one recommendation. If you have kids try to push for housing either in Watertown or in the Indian River school district. Both are really solid and much better than Carthage.

The great thing about Fort Drum is their snow removal is quicker than most any other place. They also get less snow than places a little further south.

EDIT: I just realized I have no idea where in Buffalo you're talking about coming from so it's very possible it could take closer to 4 hours depending on the time it takes to get to I90.

Lived in the Rome area for a decade :)

Sir Magnus of Narnia

Oddayin the Ghoul

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2011, 08:15:31 am »
Thank you man. 3 hours actually makes a world of difference. I usually drive 3 hours to battle at least once a month as it is, to visit some of the local chapters for invasion. As for housing... whelp, it is all depends on how things go down. I gotta push quickly because I am raising two little Dag kids.... school year and all. The only thing is... My wife is going to check if they are gonna be deploying as soon as she gets there. Often, when you get short notice that is how things go. If she is, then I will be out there... well, a year from march. Because I will get an Apt in Kansas near my parents for the duration of the deployment. So, that is about 50/50.

I thank you very much, for some very solid Advice.

Oddayin the Ghoul

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2011, 08:16:40 am »
Damn. Pooping in my Post  Toasties.

Lactro

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2011, 08:22:56 am »
I was talking strictly 90 which is why I edited my post. Once you get to Buffalo it can easily be another hour in the "Buffalo area". I go about the pace of everyone else on the highway 70-72. The real determination is where in Buffalo are you which I don't know. I jumped to conclusions on that one.

May you always fight with the sun at your back.

Disirregardlessly hivemind

• The Fat One
  •  
  • Realm: Winterfell
  • Unit: The Cairnhold Legion
  • Winterfell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2011, 12:18:16 pm »
Oh ****, you're right in my neck of the woods now! Excellent!

You're about equidistant from Lostwithiel and Winterfell events, and only about a good hour's drive to the Clash of Kings site.

Primarch Ser Hivemind Saligia of The Cairnhold Legion, Winterfell: A drinking unit with a fighting problem.
Ragnarok XXVI Arts & Sciences Competition Winner: Armor & Miscellaneous
Ragnarok Head Leather Armor Checker since Rag XXVII
Proud member of the Dagorhir Kyriarchy!

• The Fat One
  •  
  • Winterfell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2011, 12:23:04 pm »
You're about 2:45 from the Winterfell battle site, 1:30 from where we do practices and events for Lostwithiel and the Legion, and 1:30 from the KoN/Clash of Kings site.

Not bad for being in CNY. :)

Primarch Ser Hivemind Saligia of The Cairnhold Legion, Winterfell: A drinking unit with a fighting problem.

Oddayin the Ghoul

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2011, 12:56:55 pm »
Holy ****! I will get to hang out with THE Hivemind?You have that next level foamsmithing/PD art thing going on right? I would love to apprentice at your feet.

.... I am grasping for silver lining I can here. And i'll be straight up honest, this helps a lot.

• The Fat One
  •  
  • Winterfell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2011, 01:36:56 pm »
Actually I hate making weapons - but I'll teach you leatherwork and knifemaking if you want. :)

Oddayin the Ghoul

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2011, 02:51:23 pm »
I would love to learn some leather Toolin. :D

Oddayin the Ghoul

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2011, 07:41:40 pm »
It's now official, there is nothing I can do to get out of moving to NY. Be seeing ya'll soon.

Squire Lizard

•  
  • Realm: Moria
  • Unit: Army of Mordor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2011, 08:15:26 pm »
:(
...boo

Heralds aren't there to interpret the rules, they're there to enforce them.
Gu kibum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha-gum-ishi ashi gurum.  "No life in coldness, in darkness. Here in void, only death."

• The Fat One
  •  
  • Winterfell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2011, 09:06:38 pm »
Yay!

You can reach me through the link in my sig, shoot me an email and I'll get you my phone number in case you guys have questions about central NY or whatever.

Oddayin the Ghoul

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2011, 12:40:59 am »
I know Lizard, but I will see you bastards at Rag.

Also.. Will do man. When I figure out the dilly. The LATEST I will be there is August, when the school year starts (Unless you count Rag, I'll be at Rag). If my wife is going to there and deploy right away, I can gonna stay in Kansas for the summer.

Oddayin the Ghoul

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2011, 12:52:56 am »
I made a Promise to my AoM kin, That you Maggots are my Brothers. And that won't change. Even if it's just me, alone on the field.

• The Fat One
  •  
  • Winterfell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2011, 08:42:45 am »
You should definitely get up to the Legion/Narnia camps at Rag and meet everyone.

Oddayin the Ghoul

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2011, 09:01:56 am »
I am sure I will meet most you folk before Rag. Heh.

Oddayin the Ghoul

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2011, 11:10:35 am »
Hey.... March.. March isn't so bad... isn't Winter on the tail end out there by that time?

• The Fat One
  •  
  • Winterfell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2011, 11:12:59 am »
Heh. Heh. Heh heh heh...

Oddayin the Ghoul

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2011, 11:14:46 am »
Yeah. I thought so. I'm originally from Minnesota. Campouts here in Kansas/Mo area start in April. I guess I gotta get used to that.

I WILL be finding a gym to fight in.

Oddayin the Ghoul

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2011, 11:20:56 am »
I find the lack of Fight, Unexceptable. I will be making fliers as soon as I get there and trolling the local nerd stores.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
« previous next »

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 24 queries.