Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Weapons Check for Ragnarok XXVI  (Read 8054 times)

Asashi_Sunfire

• New User
  • Realm: Eryndor
  • Unit: Imperial Guard
    • View Profile
Weapons Check for Ragnarok XXVI
« on: January 14, 2011, 03:22:58 am »
Greetings,
        For those of you that do not know, I am Asashi Sunfire, head weapons checker for Ragnarok XXVI. I wanted to let you all know that.  Also, I wanted to dispel some rumors and explain some things.  First, the standard weapons check will exist at both the locations as it did at the last Rag. So no worries on that.  Second, I thoroughly enjoyed the you walk up with your weapons, we check them you walk away, so we are gonna continue that. Finally onto the new agendas.  First and foremost the Roaming weapons check!!!  This will exist (if people are truly on board for it).  So allow me to explain my time saving idea. Starting Sunday night then on Tuesday night and Thursday Night myself and members of my unit will be heading out from camp to camp to precheck weapons and armor.  Projectiles however will be checked every day.  Now obviously we will not be able to check everyone's weapons every night, so I would like to open up a sign up. If those of you would be so kind as to post which night and how many members your unit will have. For right now I would like to keep it at one night per unit so that everyone has a chance to try this new system.  The reason I am offering this is two fold, one I feel it will really cut down the wait time at weapons check and really aid people in their morning routines.  Secondly, I want my unit to get more exposure to other realms, so a nice twenty to thirty minute meet and greet with new chapters and units will really help bring some unity through out. I will be getting in contact with those of you interested to inform you of your allotted time slot. I will also be posting the list here in the future so that others may join us on the travels if they wish.  Now once again to recap the normal weapons check will be open at the normal early in the morning time (edit) Required Monday, Wednesday, and Friday with projectiles everyday.
(I see what I did there. EDIT still available everyday. Sorry for confusion.....)

A few more important tid bits of information that should be shared.  First of all, I appreciate the helpful nature of many, and feel free to inquire further but for the most part there will be no one outside of the Imperial Guard at the lower check point, and the GTG at the upper point checking weapons. Secondly, there will be no on the field checking of weapons.  We are offering several opportunities, and offering much of our Ragnarok to keep things running smooth for everyone, thus once we hit the field to fight. We do not wish to stop.  This being said, I am willing to help out those of you that let me know ahead of time that you will be arriving late (work, weddings so on so forth no one is perfect)  however you need to let me know before hand via email or phone call stating such.  Like an email that says, "Hey Asashi due to circumstances I won't be able to control, I will not make it to rag til Monday at noon, and I still wanna fight, could you help me out".  Not that difficult.  Finally, we are also heading up the archery teaching class to make sure that people can fire arrows straight. After speaking with Eryndor, and Mace, who is in charge of day battles, we decided that this class should be the responsibility of weapons checkers. So we will be responsible for that as well, this will be when ever is the best time for it :P.  That is all I have for now.  Please feel free to contact me if you have any further information, or need further information. Could a mod sticky this please.

Thanks Everyone,

Asashi Sunfire
A Founding Father of the Imperial Guard
Head weapons checker Rag XXVI
(oh yeah email is asashi@dagorhir.com )

[moderator edit: added your new @dagorhir email address]
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 09:14:08 pm by Alric »

Stellaria

•  
  • Unit: Free Cities
  • Does NOT sew for hire. Sorry, folks!
    • View Profile
Re: Weapons Check for Ragnarok XXVI
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 07:15:44 am »
So you are saying that anyone that gets to Rag on Tuesday, Thursday, or Saturday will not be able to fight until the next day unless they get ahold of you personally?
And that nobody outside of IG and GtG will be accepted as volunteers for weapon-checking?

Have fun with that. Knock yourselves out.

Stell
Dagorhir is too big for special snowflakes. A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine. You aren't special. Follow the damn rules.

Silk

• Elitist Bitch
  • Administrator
  •  
  • Realm: Aratari
  • Unit: Gwynedd
  • ...purple!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 07:19:18 am »
Asashi, If you need help with anything archery related I'm willing to give you any help you need except my back. (My back will fail most weapons because it is a wimpy crybaby and a jerk.) I've got some experience with arrow check and have assisted with archery classes in the past. I'm available each morning and will bring my bright cheerful no-BS attitude to aid whomever you have heading up your archery section.

~Dame Silk~
Beloved by GOD

Judge Dredd

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 07:55:22 am »
I really like the roaming weapons check idea. It's something I have discussed with other head weapons checkers in the past. I wish you luck with that cause I think the idea has merit. As always, I am available for you if you need anything (but it seems you have this well covered).

However, I do share Stells concern regarding days without a regular weapons check. I know you don't want to take a tough titties attitude to fighters who may not be aware of the new system, or cant make it to regular check on days that have them. Is it possible that the few people who fall through this crack could go to IG or G2G camp to have their gear checked?

Finally, thank you for posting this early so with the help of all us devils advocates, any kinks can be ironed out pre Rag.

Fiyera

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 08:34:15 am »
He did say "for the most part," not "absolutely no one except IG and GTG"... I'm sure that if someone was that adamant about checking weapons they could always shoot him an email to see what the deal is ...*shrugs* just sayin'...

Again with the every other day weapons checking..I don't think arrival time will be the only problem. Some people saying "oh I'm not gonna fight Monday, I'll get my sword checked Tuesday morning and I'll fight then" will be in for a surprise when they can't.
Maybe ensure that it's well marked so the only people that are actually going to need additional opportunities are those who arrive at a "different" time...
As opposed to people who just have a different personal fighting schedule (for whatever reason) and don't realize that there are new restrictions

Also, have you considered that the M/W/F schedule will make for a longer checking process? The night-time checking will help somewhat, but the vast majority will still only be getting checked on those 3 mornings. Are there going to be enough volunteers (especially if it's primarily restricted to 2 units) to accommodate the additional volume?

Edited for... my attempt to make my words more clear
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 12:57:33 pm by Fiyera »

Janwin

•  
  • Realm: Winterfell
  • Unit: Narnia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 10:30:25 am »
If he's planning on a policy of 'if you arrive late, you can't fight potentially for two days unless you can get ahold of me through this e-mail address', how about we get him a legal @dagorhir e-mail address so he doesn't have to violate board policies so that people CAN contact him according to his policy's requirements?

After all, seems sort of silly to put up an e-mail address that'll just get removed for violating policy, and then require people to e-mail you there in order to not miss weapons check due to a policy of checking every other day...

Just sayin'.

Janwin of Narnia, Realm of Winterfell

Hundrsut

•  
  • Realm: Warclan
  • Unit: Black Dog Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 10:38:25 am »
......or we run weapons check like it was run last year......minus select interpretations of the rules....why are you not running it everyday like last year?? seems to be a lil bit of arrogance ie "you get here on time or dont get your stuff checked" ....yet ur doing night checks ? K.I.S.S.

We miss people that make sense

Its a rule not a playful suggestion!!!

athelas

•  
  • Unit: Indomar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2011, 11:30:28 am »
Sounds like Reggie is up for running weapons check next year.

Camp Mistress, feeding Dagorhirrim since 1999.
The Indo-Haldane, Ginger Overlord and Apollyon Commander
GingerPixie by rote of Illaria.

Jari Kafghan

• Global Moderator
  •  
  • Day Events Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2011, 11:39:41 am »
I was thinking the same thing!

Hundrsut

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2011, 11:42:39 am »
dont have to be an engineer to see a dam breaking

i have personally seen asashi and imp guard run very successful events so i don't doubt his ability. I just seen some problems which I and im assuming others would like answers for.

good things were done in weapons check last year  ie at the field checking, checking daily so no one is left behind, that i dont like to see disappearing

"some people saying "oh I'm not gonna fight Monday, I'll get my sword checked Tuesday morning and I'll fight then" will be in for a surprise when they can't."     why hate on them ? if i pulled a muscle on Monday so i couldnt fight why should i go sit thru weapons check ? plus im guessing there are less of these and more people who

A-arrive on inbetween days
B-took time to fix failing weapons and like to have them checked again

Ragnarok should be the most user friendly thing in the (DAG) world.

I understand you are giving up a lot of your (sleeping) time at rag to do this. But you knew you would when you asked to be head weapons checker.

did i put it in the best way .....probably not.....could i run it .....probably not.....do i have the ability to see problems yes
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 11:57:35 am by nooneusesmydagname »

Sir Magnus of Narnia

•  
  • Realm: Tartarus Invictus
  • For Narnia! For Aslan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2011, 11:52:19 am »
dont have to be an engineer to see a dam breaking

No sometimes you do :)

Sir Magnus of Narnia

Nothing beats a friend like a rubber sword. First rule, don't talk about Rondel Club.

Hundrsut

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2011, 12:01:36 pm »
edited for clarity

Oisín Leathshúileach

•  
  • Unit: Fíanna Cú Ruadh
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2011, 12:07:58 pm »
I agree, I'd be rather concerned about not having melee check at all Tuesday and Thursday.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 12:10:28 pm by Oisín Leathshúileach »

Oisín Leathshúileach ua Duibhne
Ard Laech
Fíanna Cú Ruadh

An Fhírinne in aghaidh an tSaoil--Truth against the world.

It's pronounced uh-SHEEN, like "machine" without the m. Not oy-sin.

Fiyera

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2011, 12:45:47 pm »
"some people saying "oh I'm not gonna fight Monday, I'll get my sword checked Tuesday morning and I'll fight then" will be in for a surprise when they can't."     why hate on them ? if i pulled a muscle on Monday so i couldnt fight why should i go sit thru weapons check ? plus im guessing there are less of these and more people who
A-arrive on inbetween days
B-took time to fix failing weapons and like to have them checked again

Did you read the rest of that paragraph I wrote? I wasn't hating on them, I was saying we should make sure everyone is informed if this is indeed how things are going to be. That way, you and your pulled muscle will know ahead of time what the system is. You can think to yourself "well I'm going to fight tomorrow, but my weapons have to be checked today. Let me either go throw my weapons in the pile myself, or get a unit-mate to just bring my sword with him up there"... see? simple :) All I was trying to say was that for any big change like this, there would need to be posted somewhere or in some fashion advertised that there is a new way of doing things. That way anyone who has the physical ability to get their gear to weapons check, can do so without confusion.

Back to Asashi ... what is the advantage for having "regular weapons check" on M/W/F only?

Hundrsut

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2011, 12:49:10 pm »
i see what  u were saying and apologize for my misunderstanding. I await ashashi's answers

Fiyera

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2011, 12:58:41 pm »
No problem :) I edited it to try to make it more easy to understand. It had some funky wording.

Asashi_Sunfire

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2011, 02:43:52 pm »
Im silly, let me clarify, there will be weapons check every day but you don't have to get weapons checked everyday.... my bad... :P So yes everyday checks, No projectiles during roaming checks, roaming checks every other night... sorry...

-Asashi

Stellaria

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2011, 03:06:20 pm »
Ok, that makes more sense :)

Stell
Dagorhir is too big for special snowflakes. A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine. You aren't special. Follow the damn rules.

Wholely Kyrax

•  
  • Realm: Mallenorod
  • Unit: Western Guard (The Guard, Aratari)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2011, 03:20:38 pm »
Im silly, let me clarify, there will be weapons check every day but you don't have to get weapons checked everyday.... my bad... :P So yes everyday checks, No projectiles during roaming checks, roaming checks every other night... sorry...

-Asashi

asahi - just a suggestion:  go back and add that clarification in your original post (and a note at the bottom that you've added it). 

Personally I didn't see what everyone was complaining about, but admit that I assumed you were still planning on daily checks. Your point was to ADD the roaming check and note that the on-field checking wasn't going to happen.  Oh, and to for some reason make weapons check pretty much exclusive to two units.  That last point doesn't make sense to me.  But what do I know?

Mallenorod@dagorhir.com
Quote from: Paraphrased from Leonidas
Think about your honor as if it were the only currency you had available to you in Dagorhir.  Every time you do something on the field, you are either making a deposit into your account, or making a withdrawal from it.

Asashi_Sunfire

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2011, 01:57:52 am »
So far roaming check is starting Sunday Night with the Merchants Row.

-Asashi

Stellaria

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2011, 08:59:45 am »
Woot!

Stell

Squire Ducky McFeelgood

•  
  • Realm: Byzantium
  • Unit: Arangweth
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2011, 10:15:24 am »
So to make sure i gathered everything. Check will run everyday in the two spots it was last year, but will only be required every other day and Saturday like before. Mobile check will run the nights and will count towards regular check the next day. Will it count as a required check?

Also, only your guys are going to be involved on this. No volunteering?

Dr. Ducky McFeelgood; Squire to Sir Shatterhaze, Royal Quack of Mirkwood, Leader of House of Feelgood

Head Herald at Ragnarok XXVII, XXVIII

athelas

•  
  • Unit: Indomar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2011, 09:50:04 am »
You will miss out on a lot of well-versed, voluntary, veteran weapons checkers by limiting it to two units. I understand the need for control, but why limit yourself? More checkers means quicker check.

Camp Mistress, feeding Dagorhirrim since 1999.
The Indo-Haldane, Ginger Overlord and Apollyon Commander
GingerPixie by rote of Illaria.

Askarus Space Champion

•  
  • Unit: Sparta
  • RAGNAROK XXVIII SECURITY
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2011, 10:19:12 am »
Yea, please explain. As much as I love the GtG, I think there's a lot of people better suited to be volunteers for making sure things are legal and non-cheese.

Askarus
King of Sparta/Rockstar
Ragnarok XXVIII Head of Security

Asashi_Sunfire

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2011, 01:17:44 am »
You will miss out on a lot of well-versed, voluntary, veteran weapons checkers by limiting it to two units. I understand the need for control, but why limit yourself? More checkers means quicker check.

Speed does not mean Quality. Last Ragnarok the Imperial Guard and the GTG had over 90 members present. So numbers are not an issue. Control is the issue. Also, the roaming weapons check is my control variant for any speed concerns. Which is the point of this post, so I would like to see more discussion on that proposal not the ideas that you think are flawed. Further questions involving the possibility of volunteering feel free to email me @ asashi@dagorhir.com

-Asashi

Rap the Space Drunk

•  
  • Realm: Space Knights
  • Unit: Wolfpack
  • Lying is like 95% of what I do
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2011, 01:43:48 am »
I like the roaming idea, both for efficiency's sake, and the social aspect of getting your boys out to more realms. Will groups have to sign up for a visit, or will you guys just kinda troll different areas of the campsite on each of the three nights?

Garbstapo 4 Lyfe

Borgairí agus Ceapairí

Asashi_Sunfire

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2011, 05:33:19 am »
Well I would like an organized list. I don't wanna wander into camps unwelcome ya know. /or even unexpected. Plus if you expect me at six we can get down to it at six and accomplish more. I like the idea if you have a weapon that fails the night before, having the night to fix it for the actual check. So yeah Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday.

Judge Dredd

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2011, 08:57:09 am »
Roaming check:
Everyone will know about it cause it is a cool idea. You come out of your camp and hang a left and go from camp to camp checking weapons, The next camp over, hears you and gathers their gear and awaits your arrival. As long as you have a rout set up, fighters will be able to track your progress and have a pretty good idea when you will be at their camp. You can almost picture fighters running back to their camps telling their realm mates, that weapons check is three doors down. I figure next time, you hang a right and do the same rout backwards. Also, I can see a fighter missing it at their camp, and being able to grab their gear and run it over to whatever camp you are checking, and get their gear checked. Worst case scenario, they just have to go in the morning.

I think over all, this will take a crap ton of pressure off morning weapons check. I also think that if you fail a weapon in someones camp, their buddies will be right their to offer supplies and help to fix the weapon.
Example:
Checker- "This single edged sword is missing the silver tape on the back"
Fighter- "Aw crap"
Realm mate- "Doode, I got some duct tape right here, hand it to me"

Asashi_Sunfire

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2011, 03:54:26 pm »
I like the idea Mr. Maill.  Perhaps less organization just more spontaneity. I would just like to see people ready, many fighter may leave the field late from camp to the left... so they would miss out. But that is still covered... *ponders*

-Asashi

Judge Dredd

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2011, 04:03:24 pm »
I like the idea Mr. Maill.  Perhaps less organization just more spontaneity. I would just like to see people ready, many fighter may leave the field late from camp to the left... so they would miss out. But that is still covered... *ponders*

-Asashi
Roving weapons check is such a great idea. Trying to do it by invitation or appointment might throw a wrench into an otherwise great idea. The simple fact that weapons checkers are on their way, should override and lack of communication we usually hear about. 

Alric

• Administrator
  •  
  • Realm: Angaron
  • Unit: Drentha
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2011, 12:26:41 am »
I think that if you announce the roving check heavily, and encourage camps to have a pile of weapons ready for when you come by and someone to welcome you into camp, you could manage to get good participation without requiring a signup. When I first read this idea, I imagined something like the roaming revel, only led by the IG as you go from camp to camp meeting people, socializing, and checking weapons. Getting the word out in advance is key, in any case.

Drunken Bob (For Congress)

•  
  • Realm: Nivol Astol
  • Unit: Nivol Astol
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2011, 12:05:10 pm »
I actually think that limiting the weapons check to 2 main groups is a fine idea, especially when they field as much as they do. They each have a good amount of senior people there (and some seniors) and it will give more organization to it as well. That way there will be less confusion on this rule versus that rule and so on when they are all in cahoots. That way BH isnt failing something for a dog ear that Laithe thinks would pass and had passed the day before

I have one suggestion concerning Archery Checks. It was quite a hassle to get all the way up the hill every day with a boat load of stuff, I think an archery check down in the lower field for us low lands people would help much more, because waking up at 9 am to carry 20 lbs of stuff a mile and a half up a hill is not the best way to start a fighting day.

You're all Hookers!!!

The Former Queen of Mardi Gras

Judge Dredd

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2011, 12:21:11 pm »
As I contemplate roving check, I wonder if you would be able to put together 2 teams going in different directions around a predetermined loop. This way they all end up in one place and can go have fun together and tell weapons check stories to each other. Rag is massive and you could cover more ground this way.

Just a thought.

Olos

•  
  • Realm: Esgaroth (St. Louis Area)
  • Unit: Black Company
  • Contact me at Esgaroth@dagorhir.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2011, 11:45:42 am »
I actually think that limiting the weapons check to 2 main groups is a fine idea, especially when they field as much as they do. They each have a good amount of senior people there (and some seniors) and it will give more organization to it as well. That way there will be less confusion on this rule versus that rule and so on when they are all in cahoots. That way BH isnt failing something for a dog ear that Laithe thinks would pass and had passed the day before

I have one suggestion concerning Archery Checks. It was quite a hassle to get all the way up the hill every day with a boat load of stuff, I think an archery check down in the lower field for us low lands people would help much more, because waking up at 9 am to carry 20 lbs of stuff a mile and a half up a hill is not the best way to start a fighting day.

Speaking from experience with archery check here, I don't think that having 2 archery checks is a good idea.  You generally have to have 1-2 people spec testing, 1 person bow testing, 1 person shooting, and 1 person providing a back just to START archery check.  1 person can pretty much handle all of the bows at rag, but if split up, still wouldn't be able to get away from it much to do other tasks.  Also, there always seems to be fewer experienced volunteers for archery check than for melee.

And on top of that, the barn is like 8 kinds of awesome for archery check, ESPECIALLY for allowing us to continue check for a morning rain that will clear up and allow arrows later in the day.

Also, this is coming from someone who had to walk farther than you(and by you, I do mean everyone who might be reading this), and get there before 9am every day.

Oh internet, how I love thee.
The only place ever that a Black Company man can be the most rational, reasonable person in the room.

Janwin

•  
  • Realm: Winterfell
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2011, 12:01:01 pm »

Speaking from experience with archery check here, I don't think that having 2 archery checks is a good idea.  You generally have to have 1-2 people spec testing, 1 person bow testing, 1 person shooting, and 1 person providing a back just to START archery check.  1 person can pretty much handle all of the bows at rag, but if split up, still wouldn't be able to get away from it much to do other tasks.  Also, there always seems to be fewer experienced volunteers for archery check than for melee.

And on top of that, the barn is like 8 kinds of awesome for archery check, ESPECIALLY for allowing us to continue check for a morning rain that will clear up and allow arrows later in the day.

Also, this is coming from someone who had to walk farther than you(and by you, I do mean everyone who might be reading this), and get there before 9am every day.

This.

Janwin of Narnia, Realm of Winterfell

Hundrsut

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2011, 12:39:00 pm »
archery checks at both has merit....just has some kinks as well.

dedicated archery checkers at both stations

plenty of voulenterrs at both , it dosnt take much to be a back,

just becouse you made the walk last year and didnt complain dosnt make a valid argument

as for the weather that is an issue which i dont have a answer for right now. but id love ideas

its always a good idea to make dagorhir as user friendly as possible.....everyone love everyone

my 1 cent :)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 12:59:07 pm by nooneusesmydagname »

Judge Dredd

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2011, 12:53:34 pm »
its always a good idea to make dagorhir as user friendly as possible.....especially arching which has become way to elitest IMO.

my 2 cents
Putting this at the end of a post, takes away the validity of your ideas.

Hundrsut

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2011, 12:59:23 pm »
edited for my failures

Wholely Kyrax

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2011, 01:13:20 pm »
archery checks at both has merit....just has some kinks as well.

dedicated archery checkers at both stations

plenty of [volunteers] at both , it [doesn't] take much to be a back

You also missed the memo: volunteers are neither wanted nor welcome. 

But spelling is... :P

Mallenorod@dagorhir.com
Think about your honor as if it were the only currency you had available to you in Dagorhir.  Every time you do something on the field, you are either making a deposit into your account, or making a withdrawal from it.

Hundrsut

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2011, 01:27:01 pm »
moved 12 times before 6th grade including different states....never took a typing class.....it is very obvious

as for the no volunteers......I can only hope this dosn't happen.

Olos

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2011, 01:46:47 pm »
Archery check takes quite a few volunteers, several of which pretty much have to be veterans.  And you really have no idea how much of a boon using the barn was for archery check.  We used the popup tent at the lower check on monday (and maybe tuesday), and it sucked, was SO much better moving to the barn.  It's like 2 minutes of extra walking, really.

The only place ever that a Black Company man can be the most rational, reasonable person in the room.

Silk

• Elitist Bitch
  • Administrator
  •  
  • Unit: Gwynedd
  • ...purple!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2011, 01:49:18 pm »
Just Monday, and it DID suck. The barn is the best place for missile check.

~Dame Silk~
Beloved by GOD

Wholely Kyrax

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2011, 03:31:27 pm »
Archery check takes quite a few volunteers, several of which pretty much have to be veterans. 

Again, folks missed the memo:
First of all, I appreciate the helpful nature of many, and feel free to inquire further but for the most part there will be no one outside of the Imperial Guard at the lower check point, and the GTG at the upper point checking weapons.

Mallenorod@dagorhir.com

Olos

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2011, 03:38:48 pm »
Nah, I got the memo, guess i shoulda worded it that "archery check will take several members of IG and GtG to accomplish, and I assume that it will require several of them to be veteran archers.  I know GtG has no lack of archers :)

Personally, I'm kinda looking forward to a year without having to do archery check, but I think talking about some of the lessons we learned, especially last year, being the same site, is a good thing.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 03:42:43 pm by Olos »

Hundrsut

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2011, 04:02:40 pm »
Ashashi,

are you going to allow plastidip shields to be checked sans cover. It seems to me that if they pass hit they should pass. Love to get your opinion on the matter

Drunken Bob (For Congress)

•  
  • Realm: Nivol Astol
  • Unit: Nivol Astol
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2011, 03:47:04 pm »
Archery check takes quite a few volunteers, several of which pretty much have to be veterans.  And you really have no idea how much of a boon using the barn was for archery check.  We used the popup tent at the lower check on monday (and maybe tuesday), and it sucked, was SO much better moving to the barn.  It's like 2 minutes of extra walking, really.

Just Monday, and it DID suck. The barn is the best place for missile check.

Noted and I withdraw my suggestion. If archers think that one is better then that works for me, plus less room, for error with arrows as well. I honestly didnt mind the walk, it was a nice wake up, but I did hear some grumbling here and there from the masses which is why I brought it up

You're all Hookers!!!

The Former Queen of Mardi Gras

Adrius

•  
  • Realm: Northern Steppes
  • Unit: Defenders of The Land
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2011, 11:29:29 pm »
As an archer, I agree with Olos and Janwin.

Yes, this bothers me.

Sir Adrius Stone, God King of The Wicker People
The Defenders of The Land, Northern Steppes Division
The Knightly Order of The Fiat Lux
Adrius@dagorhir.com

Squire Ducky McFeelgood

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2011, 02:58:38 pm »
Asashi, how are you going to enforce the 3inch rule when it come down to quick tubes/speed bats? Don't care as long as they hit fine and pass all other template requirements?

Dr. Ducky McFeelgood; Squire to Sir Shatterhaze, Royal Quack of Mirkwood, Leader of House of Feelgood

Squire Ducky McFeelgood

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2011, 05:26:34 pm »
BUMP cause i really need this answer.

Judge Dredd

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2011, 05:29:15 pm »
Sorry, didn't see your fist post. I spoke with Asashi and he said that he does not intend to enforce a 3" rule on clubs.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
« previous next »

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 24 queries.