Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Confessions  (Read 8789 times)

Halbrust

•  
  • Realm: Aggelgorod
  • Unit: Fenrir's Kin
    • View Profile
Confessions
« on: January 20, 2011, 03:11:18 am »
On a different forum there was an interesting thread where members could somewhat safely aire out their "sins". I have two sins to confess in regards to this great game we play.

First: I yelled obsenities at a civilian because he moved his little league team into the middle of our fighting area.

Second: I hit someone excessively hard in the back with the intention of causing him pain. I was annoyed at the LARPiness of his garb and fighting style.

I do not ask for forgiveness, but hope others share as well so we can enlighten the new fighters as to not what to do. While also showing them that we all make bad/dumb decisions while playing our game.

-Halbrust

Squire Ducky McFeelgood

•  
  • Realm: Byzantium
  • Unit: Arangweth
    • View Profile
Re: Confessions
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 08:18:10 am »
I doubled green a guy in the kidney while he was standing, not fighting. The tip had never passed for stab.

We cracked a guy in the balls 25 times over the course of a three day event, only cause we thought he was cocky.

Dr. Ducky McFeelgood; Squire to Sir Shatterhaze, Royal Quack of Mirkwood, Leader of House of Feelgood

Head Herald at Ragnarok XXVII, XXVIII

Kotaro

•  
  • Realm: Wanderer
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 09:38:17 am »
We cracked a guy in the balls 25 times over the course of a three day event, only cause we thought he was cocky.
I see what you did there.

"Go into battle determined to die, and you will survive. Go into battle hoping to live, and surely you shall not."

Thrush Svartehjertet

•  
  • Realm: Ball So Hard University
  • Unit: The Níðstöng
  • RAGNAROK XXIX SECURITY
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 09:44:07 am »
I hate Dagorhirim often and think about quitting after Ragnarok, after:

-the 10 millionth girl has complained about being groped
-the fifth complaint about a tent being pissed on by drunks
-the 3rd phone call from the landowner about people breaking ****
-the the 6000th ceremony has been interrupted
-the 1st firework goes off
-etc...

I feel really stupid for giving up my paid vacation to keep everyone safe for about a week sometimes after Rag.  Then I get one email from a person who I helped have a good time, and I come back and do it again next year!

Thrush
berserk

Forgotten One
Ragnarok XXIV Head of Security
Ragnarok XIX, XX, XXIII, XXV Security Head Assistant
Ragnarok Security Public Relations Special Forces

Squire Ducky McFeelgood

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 09:48:10 am »
I see what you did there.

Yeah... but i didn't work.

Dr. Ducky McFeelgood; Squire to Sir Shatterhaze, Royal Quack of Mirkwood, Leader of House of Feelgood

athelas

•  
  • Realm: Aratari
  • Unit: Indomar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 11:58:28 am »
Thrush, the percentage of people that appreciate your efforts is much bigger than the weenies that try to ruin our good time. Thanks for continuing to come out and keep us all safe and happy. Could not do it without you. Many hugs and stuff :)

Camp Mistress, feeding Dagorhirrim since 1999.
The Indo-Haldane, Ginger Overlord and Apollyon Commander
GingerPixie by rote of Illaria.

Drunken Bob (For Congress)

•  
  • Realm: Nivol Astol
  • Unit: Nivol Astol
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 12:31:04 pm »

-etc...

I feel really stupid for giving up my paid vacation to keep everyone safe for about a week sometimes after Rag.  Then I get one email from a person who I helped have a good time, and I come back and do it again next year!

Thrush
berserk

Everything you security guys do, me and the other members of Mordor always appreciate (even when it involves securing drunks in their tent)

You're all Hookers!!!

The Former Queen of Mardi Gras

Drunken Bob (For Congress)

•  
  • Realm: Nivol Astol
  • Unit: Nivol Astol
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 12:34:59 pm »
I whacked a kid in the chin on a backswing (intentionally although I feigned accidental hitting) Because we were on a football field and had been for about 3 hours fighting and some kiddlets came and started playing football and running into the middle of our fight (it wasn't all of them, just 2 kids who thought they were cool)
So after knocking him on his ass with a red his friend wanted to fight, and I threw him around a little. Not to be hurtful, but just to let him know I was out of his league when it came to scrapping.

You're all Hookers!!!

The Former Queen of Mardi Gras

Askarus Space Champion

•  
  • Unit: Sparta
  • RAGNAROK XXVIII SECURITY
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 12:44:21 pm »
I punch my Agoge's in the face to train them. I'm not sorry.

Askarus
King of Sparta/Rockstar
Ragnarok XXVIII Head of Security

Judge Dredd

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2011, 12:44:47 pm »
Sometimes I hit people harder than I should. Mostly when I see them rhinohiding.

Hiram the Incredible

• Administrator
  •  
  • Unit: The Romani
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2011, 01:45:23 pm »
I have completely and utterly lost interest in fighting. but I still make weapons and occasionally fight because once or twice a year it actually becomes fun again.

Eternal Skye

• New User
  • Realm: Eryndor
  • Unit: The Thieves Guild
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2011, 01:55:56 pm »
If someone has hurt me or just pissed me off, I target them and send my arrows in the direction of their face/nuts.

"Who was the fool, who the wise man, beggar or king? Whether poor or rich, all is the same in death."
~Eternal Skye Temperance~

Atalan

•  
  • Realm: Eryndor
  • Unit: Fury of the Called
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2011, 02:28:21 pm »
I made a unit mate cry by repeatedly yelling at my unit mate, calling my unit mate a coward when my unit mate wouldn't step up to what we had designed to be a brutal shield-line grind.

Treasurer, Fury of the Called.
When it comes to (screwing) around, we don't (screw) around.
Hastae petiunt veritatem, veritas est colei.
The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it. - Michaelangelo

Thrush Svartehjertet

•  
  • RAGNAROK XXIX SECURITY
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2011, 03:42:27 pm »
Id like to confess that I think Atalan's unit mate is a wuss.  And that Atalan likes to say unit a lot!

Thrush
berserk

Forgotten One

Aiden

•  
  • Realm: Albion
  • Unit: Sons of Tara
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2011, 04:07:31 pm »
I got tired of having a line of newbs stand ten feet back from the main line while me and my boys held on during a pass battle at Ides. After I lost my arm, I started grabbing them one by one and "encouraging" them to fight by pushing/throwing them forward into the fray. I think most of them ended up impaled on the business end of Eryndor spears.

Sons of Tara Chieftain
Albion@Dagorhir.com
www.runboard.com/balbion
骯髒三十

Orrin None-son

•  
  • Realm: Ravenwood
  • Unit: Fallen Clan
  • Wise son of the Fallen Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2011, 04:31:16 pm »
I got tired of having a line of newbs stand ten feet back from the main line while me and my boys held on during a pass battle at Ides. After I lost my arm, I started grabbing them one by one and "encouraging" them to fight by pushing/throwing them forward into the fray. I think most of them ended up impaled on the business end of Eryndor spears.

Like this.

I have legged armed and killed team-mates who refused to fight flee or get out of the way.

I have hit a guy hard enough to remove him from the field, for doing the same to one of my girls.

I have thrown a  drunk 10ft down into a shallow creek for groping one of my girls.

i have head butted a guy (Tiberius of Alterra) to the ground (unintentional) and it was caught on film.

I have broken several other fighters weapons to get them off the field, because they should never have passed in the first place, or were snuck on the field.

I have legged team-mates just for laughs.

I have created troll accounts just to **** with the mods on these boards.

Bastard son of Graymael and Shrike.
VAZI Death Squad SGT Springfield, Mo
Trollers Local 408th, Chapter of the Rabid Wombats. Orrin None-son, toothpick-sorter of the 4th Order.

Lady Krystal

•  
  • Realm: Dominion of the Unconquered Sun
  • Unit: Myrkridian Infantry
  • Anathema
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2011, 04:46:49 pm »
If I don't get enough vengeance done on the field, I'll slip into my alter-ego Mirage and treat newbs and other participants to the business end of a whip.

In the eye. ;)

I'm also willing to confess I'd do anything to work out getting my own personal harem...

“Let the warriors clamor after gods of blood and thunder; love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. ”

Countess of Mirkwood - Missouri
Dagorhir's NHL Playoff winner 2011 - D<[[[| x11

Squire Ducky McFeelgood

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2011, 04:57:27 pm »
I've purposely killed many of my own team mates cause they were asshats or weak.

Hollo

•  
  • Realm: Dimma Ulfur
  • Unit: Warband
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2011, 05:03:33 pm »
If I meet a rhinohider, I bring out a specific weapon in my arsenal that passes weapon's check even though I've used it in the past to hammer nails into hardwood.

"Spears are perfectly fine Javelins, as long as you yell obscenities while you're throwing it."

Totoro

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2011, 05:05:02 pm »
i deliberately carried my weapons through my dorm so that some of the people who i don't care for would ask about it and i could fight them and hit them like i wanted to.

Orrin None-son

•  
  • Realm: Ravenwood
  • Unit: Fallen Clan
  • Wise son of the Fallen Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2011, 05:13:40 pm »
If I don't get enough vengeance done on the field, I'll slip into my alter-ego Mirage and treat newbs and other participants to the business end of a whip.

In the eye. ;)

I have forced this broad to be sold by her fellow slave traders and bought her myself to punish her for this offence. Then gave her to her husband provided he whipped her lots.... in their tent... that night....
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 05:17:04 pm by Orrin None-son »

Bastard son of Graymael and Shrike.
VAZI Death Squad SGT Springfield, Mo
Trollers Local 408th, Chapter of the Rabid Wombats. Orrin None-son, toothpick-sorter of the 4th Order.

Kaonna McAvoy

•  
  • Realm: Rivendell
  • In training for Greatness
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2011, 05:33:40 pm »
I confess to calling team mates sissy little ***** boys when they would not advance the shield line.

I confess to grabbing people who were larger than me and had tower shields and forcing them into the line next to me rather than hiding behind my back and leaving a gap.

I admit to stompin on a guys foot after he tried to shove me off the front lines because 'he man need protect little lady'.  (to which i say, F you, I'm no dang lady.')

I admit to cranking people in the nuts after the fourth shot they've thrown to my face.

I admit to vicious thoughts of an emasculating nature towards the boys who ask me why I don't just arch back where it's safe instead of fight in the line.

I do not ask for forgiveness. I ask that people not do these things that make me commit dag-o-sins.

Women may not always hit harder, but they will hit lower.

Get up, shut up, and get a cup.

Lady Krystal

•  
  • Realm: Dominion of the Unconquered Sun
  • Unit: Myrkridian Infantry
  • Anathema
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2011, 05:35:08 pm »
I confess to calling team mates sissy little p**** boys when they would not advance the shield line.

I confess to grabbing people who were larger than me and had tower shields and forcing them into the line next to me rather than hiding behind my back and leaving a gap.

I admit to stompin on a guys foot after he tried to shove me off the front lines because 'he man need protect little lady'.  (to which i say, F you, I'm no dang lady.')

I admit to cranking people in the nuts after the fourth shot they've thrown to my face.

I admit to vicious thoughts of an emasculating nature towards the boys who ask me why I don't just arch back where it's safe instead of fight in the line.

I do not ask for forgiveness. I ask that people not do these things that make me commit dag-o-sins.

♥ Seriously.

“Let the warriors clamor after gods of blood and thunder; love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. ”

Countess of Mirkwood - Missouri
Dagorhir's NHL Playoff winner 2011 - D<[[[| x11

Outhro

•  
  • Unit: Black Corsairs
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2011, 05:35:31 pm »
I confess how I hate fighters that have been for more than a few months still not in garb, dont wear their garb, or wear crap to be their garb. I have wanted to kick everyone off the field at a practice a few times because I was the only one ever showing up in garb.
I made strict rules on garbless fighters can only use their weapons, are not allowed to share anybody else's weapons, and cant use community weapons. Not even allowed to pick up javs and rocks.

I confess that I hate how new units who are not in a chapter that are only missing the paperwork for making a chapter, cant talk about thier practices on the boards, then they get bummed out like idiots and basicaly fade away because they didnt think to join a closer chapter so that they didnt have to make the paperwork in the first place.

Squire Ducky McFeelgood

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2011, 05:39:02 pm »
I confess how I hate fighters that have been for more than a few months still not in garb, dont wear their garb, or wear crap to be their garb. I have wanted to kick everyone off the field at a practice a few times because I was the only one ever showing up in garb.
I made strict rules on garbless fighters can only use their weapons, are not allowed to share anybody else's weapons, and cant use community weapons. Not even allowed to pick up javs and rocks.

I confess that I hate how new units who are not in a chapter that are only missing the paperwork for making a chapter, cant talk about thier practices on the boards, then they get bummed out like idiots and basicaly fade away because they didnt think to join a closer chapter so that they didnt have to make the paperwork in the first place.

If your not in garb on our more official practice(aka the garb practice), you are limited to using only a single blue weapon. If your a vet, you're not allowed to fight.

Outhro

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2011, 05:43:26 pm »
I am always in garb when I fight, and because I run the practices, I state what weapons we use. I have made a whole 3 hour practice with just single blue.

Bryn

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2011, 05:45:01 pm »
I confess I am guilty of both of the sins Outhro is guilty of hating.

Whisper Moonson

• That old guy who smiles brightly while smiting.
  • Global Moderator
  •  
  • Realm: Empire of Illudar
  • Unit: Guilder Brute Squad (a subsidiary of The Guard)
  • ...turning kebabs with an air of righteousness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2011, 06:02:32 pm »
I confess to forgetting basic rules or being stupid on multiple occasions.

- At least twice, I've taken butt shots, dropped to a knee, and then was either reminded or remembered later that that's a killing shot. Very embarassing.  :-[

- After losing a leg and dragging myself across the field to get back in the action, I lost another limb and continued to defend myself for about 20 seconds before noticing I'd lost two limbs and was supposed to be dead.

- I was tackled by an armored Mog during a bridge battle at Rag XXII.I while I was in the water. Not thinking about being in the water under an armored opponent on the edge of the world, I shoved him off, came back up, and resumed spearing orcs on the bridge. When I realized later how dead I should've been, I commenced kicking myself. I continue the self-administered kicks whenever I remember the incident.

I have, on occasion, lost my temper on the field. Not so much since coming back to the game, but quite a few times in my youth. The one time I got mad in my recent career was after receiving a nasty head shot. I yanked the weapon away and threw the wielder down, then got hold of myself, apologized, and took myself off the field.

Sgt. Whisper Moonson
Outsourcing Manager for the Guilder Brute Squad - "Magnum malum viri!"
Trollers Union Local #801, home of the cuddly drop bears - Grammar Thug Who Can't Be Bothered
Still wondering where the king took the palace.

Arlin The Dwarf

•  
  • Unit: Dale
  • Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2011, 06:45:46 pm »
i must confess...

a week before Badon V i was practicing in my chainmail, we had a new guy come and try, strong as **** too... 300 pound ex- offensive linemen for a HS football team. anyways. it was a team vs. team fight. and he CHARGED ME full speed with a Roman tower shield, and he sent me flying 5 feet back at least, my wooden shield hit me in the jaw, and my leg got a really bad bruise and swelled up bad. needless to say, i was out of the fight.

2-3 hours later, my leg had numbed enough that i was able to stand on it. picking up a red sword. i approached the bear pit with the intent of choas in my eyes. a passon for destrection as he was in the ring.  peter, the head of the practice. then told me not to fight and to rest for Badon.

The pines were roaring on the height.
The winds were moaning in the night.
The fire was red, it flaming spread.
The trees like torches blazed with light.

Outhro

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2011, 02:34:52 am »
I confess I am guilty of both of the sins Outhro is guilty of hating.
I just wonder if there is a way to inform new units on joining existing chapters. It will help point out that you are not selling your soul and being put to slavery under the chapter admin.

Silk

• Elitist Bitch
  • Administrator
  •  
  • Unit: Gwynedd
  • ...purple!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2011, 07:12:23 am »
Once, years ago...I called a shot that I did not see. I was certain it hit based on the flight path before my view was blocked and accused the guy of cheating when he didn't take it. He was pressured into taking the death. I felt vindicated since people near me with a better angle were sure it must have hit too. I later discovered from a friend with another angle entirely that at the last second his shield moved just enough to deflect the shot some few degrees, effectively killing the arrow before it bounced into him. I agonized in my head about it for a while and seriously re-thought my position on archers calling shots. It's all well and good when you're going to be fair and even let go the ones you thought might have hit, but in this case I had a grudge against the guy (involving visitation of our child) and didn't want to give him an inch on anything, and was not being at all fair, objective or reasonable. I should have let it go at "It didn't hit me." I should have said "whatever" and shot him square in the head the next time. If you've noticed a change of direction in my stance on archers calling shots this is why. I remember my first argument for it was something like (short version) "Well the archer should call it and if they call too much crap they should be disciplined!" My point of view has shifted and matured some since then and my current stance is more complicated and I believe more fair.(also short version) "If the arrow hit is in question, you can tell them where it hit (if you saw it. I now ignore all shots that I didn't see hit and leave it to the target's honor to take what he saw/felt) if the fighter looks around in confusion, was facing the other way wearing armor, was in a press of people and mistook it for incidental contact, etc  they can choose to agree or disagree and take it or not. By the time they make their choice you should have already shot them again or moved to the next target.

Anywho, for a brief and ugly moment, I was one of "Those stupid god/herald archers!" I deeply regret it, not because I made Speck take a death (That still sort of tickles me.), but because I abused my perceived power. In doing this I saw what everyone else was talking about and was able to change both my actions and my way of thinking. I don't mean for this to become a discussion on the archery rules, just a confession and an example of how I learned a lesson.

~Dame Silk~
Beloved by GOD

Cidahre Daland

•  
  • Realm: HighSpires
  • Unit: Leader of Requiem of Dusk
  • You can't drink a bear!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2011, 07:20:52 am »
Forgive me Dagorhir, for I have sinned.

There was a guy at practice in no garb.  He had been to a few practices but still decided to not wear any garb.  So while he was legged I kicked him shield knocking him over.

I use rocks more often then a i should.

I've purposely shot a guy's weapon when he was charging me to kill him.

I've watched a small fighter in my unit get picked up and thrown+slammed by a larger fighter in my unit, and just laughed.  (not actually sorry for this as it was freaking hilarious)

If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you. ~Oscar Wilde

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do ~ Voltaire

Kotaro

•  
  • Realm: Wanderer
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2011, 10:25:12 am »
I refuse to use a shield. /shame

"Go into battle determined to die, and you will survive. Go into battle hoping to live, and surely you shall not."

Askarus Space Champion

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2011, 10:39:02 am »

There was a guy at practice in no garb.  He had been to a few practices but still decided to not wear any garb.  So while he was legged I kicked him shield knocking him over.

Kicking cripples over is the most fun I can have in dag.

Askarus
King of Sparta/Rockstar

Thrush Svartehjertet

•  
  • RAGNAROK XXIX SECURITY
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2011, 10:45:45 am »

Kicking cripples over is the most fun I can have in dag.

Cause Irony is awesome!

Thrush
berserk

Forgotten One

Askarus Space Champion

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2011, 11:16:40 am »
Sigh, i cant deny it.

Askarus
King of Sparta/Rockstar

Rainen

•  
  • Realm: Fourth Age of Middle Earth
  • Unit: Rangers of Ithilien
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2011, 11:40:35 am »
My confession?

I trash talk Spartans and Demons too often. :P

Please, don't call me "Doc".

Athron

•  
  • Realm: Eryndor & High Spires
  • Unit: Legacy of the Lifetree
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2011, 01:12:57 pm »
When I turn 38 I'm going to take out some of my older man aggression on a immature 18 year old that is bothering me by using Dagorhir as camouflage to conceal my inability to control my own emotions. :-/

Nothing can hide in the light.
-Athron@Dagorhir.com
www.eryndor.com

Silk

• Elitist Bitch
  • Administrator
  •  
  • Unit: Gwynedd
  • ...purple!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2011, 01:20:51 pm »
When I turn 38 I'm going to take out some of my older man aggression on a immature 18 year old that is bothering me by using Dagorhir as camouflage to conceal my inability to control my own emotions. :-/

You show those whipper-snappers Athron! Give 'em one for me too!

~Dame Silk~
Beloved by GOD

Judge Dredd

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2011, 01:29:53 pm »
Guilty

Sveinn Shieldsbane

•  
  • Realm: NWI
  • Unit: The Knights of Chaos
  • Warmaster of The Knights of Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2011, 01:32:06 pm »
I tend to "double tap" (w/regular-full strength blows) none armored fighters, to avoid the chance of rhino hiding. Though this is a trained reflex, and most the time is not intentional, most the time.

To relate this. Last summer, we had a hand full of new fighters. One was a cocky SOB. So much so he would sluff off good shots from Akeela, my GF and Unit General. This infuriated me, as you could clearly hear the "thwacks" emit from his huge bulbous body. Whilst still fighting her, I charged from behind and cranked a shot as hard as I could into his kidney, then followed with a "double tap" full strength shot with the flat of my weapon to the same kidney. I asked "felt that one?" as he took his death. Never really saw him again, but I do not apologies for this. I don't need people like that on my field.

Also, Daemons tend to come to me with trash talk of one called "Rainebow"  :P

Join the ranks of chaos.
The Knights of Chaos

Kyrax Niu-Taer

•  
  • Realm: Mallenorod
  • Unit: Brotherhood of Mithris
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2011, 01:59:22 pm »
"Forgive me Dagorhir, for I have sinned"

Lost temper?  Yup.  Pulled myself off the field after I realized that I wasn't in control (due to non-Dagorhir stuff).  Realization came when I, while armored, fell backwards while grabbing Marcus of Rome's chestplate.  I pulled him with me and then tossed him overhead, where he landed flat on his back disarmed and without his shield.  He was fine (and probably doesn't remember this), but I knew I needed to take a break. 

Used to use my bad leg to launch into attacks - until I was called on it by Half-Orc (now Duke Havork of Atlantia). 

Literally felled a friend with an overly hard greatsword shot to the kidneys, from the rear quarter.  Boy did I feel guilty (but he was okay, just stunned). 

Mallenorod@dagorhir.com
Quote from: Paraphrased from Leonidas
Think about your honor as if it were the only currency you had available to you in Dagorhir.  Every time you do something on the field, you are either making a deposit into your account, or making a withdrawal from it.

Kensii

•  
  • Realm: Fauldenfell
  • Unit: Vanguard
  • I serve the Lord of Lords, Him and Him alone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2011, 02:22:14 pm »
At Helheim Invasion, we were having ditch battles and during the battle I forgot who was on my team and killed two of my teammates when their backs were turned. I felt pretty bad.

"So, what does the Vanguard do?"
"Smash stuff really hard."
"And?"
"No, that's about it.

Aros

•  
  • Unit: House Tull
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2011, 02:38:23 pm »
At Mittlemarch'es War this last year, I ran over a girl who was quite literally half my size. Even though I kept apologizing, I didn't feel all that bad about it.

Also, I forgot to fight Rowan of the Dragoons too, even though I had promised him over tinychat due to my unit leaving. I promise ill make it up to you.

Rainen

•  
  • Realm: Fourth Age of Middle Earth
  • Unit: Rangers of Ithilien
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2011, 03:38:35 pm »
Also, Daemons tend to come to me with trash talk of one called "Rainebow"  :P

This Rainebow guy sounds like a real douche-nozzle.

I confess to punching a fighter in the gut for endangering another fighter's life with carelesness.

Please, don't call me "Doc".

Squire Ducky McFeelgood

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2011, 07:04:02 pm »
I tend to "double tap" (w/regular-full strength blows) none armored fighters, to avoid the chance of rhino hiding. Though this is a trained reflex, and most the time is not intentional, most the time.

I don't think this is a dick maneuver, and if so, im a dick all the time then.

Forgive me Dagorhir, for i have sinned.

On accident one time, i heard someone come up on me while i was running, did a pivot stop and spun around, bringing my sword across and double overing the kid as he ran into it and stopped.

I confess to purposefully doing mean things to a rhino hider in my park. I've kicked/edged his shield when i've noticed it too close to his body. I've blooding his lip twice before he learned. I've cranked him in the back, when he never sees it coming, cause i courtesy tapped him once and he called light. This has lead to other hard hitting with reds, spears, daggers, pretty much any time i fight him.

Outhro

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2011, 08:08:18 pm »
Yeah, I did got someone in a kidney with a red once... it was Tumbark's wife... I still feell bad, but I feel lucky that Tumbark didnt rip me in two and throw half  of me into the creek

Squire Lizard

•  
  • Realm: Moria
  • Unit: Army of Mordor
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2011, 10:19:15 pm »

-etc...

Thrush
berserk

Everything you security guys do, me and the other members of Mordor always appreciate (even when it involves securing drunks in their tent)

I just wanted to reaffirm this, we DO appreciate the security. Our realm and the unit AoM may seem like tools who party real hard and are TOO DAMN LOUD but there are a couple really good cats. I can say that the leaders of the realm and unit DO appreciate the things that security does and the time they sacrifice to make our times that much better.

When someone blows off more than 3 shots from me, I turn the shot power up too high and hit people hard enough to really hurt them. Sometimes I will grab my heavy ass headed flail and start pig sticking the REALLY bad offenders. Usually they sit down shortly after. So if you EVER see me with a flail, I am hunting Rhino's :D It causes more tears than a tank in Tiananmen square :P

Also, I am WAAY too nice to newbies when it comes to letting them slide by with BARELY passing weapons and no or poor garb... I would rather have someone to hit than tell someone that they can't play. This I am working on, or else I will NEVER become a knight.

Heralds aren't there to interpret the rules, they're there to enforce them.
Gu kibum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha-gum-ishi ashi gurum.  "No life in coldness, in darkness. Here in void, only death."

Sirilay, Innaniel

•  
  • Realm: Pointed Heart (as in, NOT K'LAR)
  • Unit: RotI, Iron Will, <>, CotH
  • Sirilay - n., elf ranger; antonym: arm candy, wuss
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2011, 10:24:23 pm »
Confessing something you hate might be better suited for the whiners thread.

That being said, Thrush is my hero.

I was on the losing side of a fight one time and this incredibly skilled sword and boarder was coming up on our flank. I shot at him and it hit his tabard that was hanging between his knees, but I called leg any way. In the middle of the fight, he looks straight at me and says, "Just so you know, that was garb." and took it anyway. I apologized to him later, trying to blame the fact that I saw that it flipped the tabard and assumed it was his leg. He actually apologized to me for getting offensive and said not to worry about it, that he had a thing for archers who are genuine douche-bags.

Never again.

Be compassionate and fearless in all that you do.

"Dagorhir is not a game of tournaments and established pecking orders...[it's] A game where any honourable, considerate person can fully enjoy themselves and be made welcome regardless of their athletic abilities." ~Aratar

Thrush Svartehjertet

•  
  • RAGNAROK XXIX SECURITY
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2011, 01:22:16 am »

That being said, Thrush is my hero.

Ack, your hero meter is ****ed!  lol  Thanks!  I hold you in insanely high regard for many things, but mostly your willingness to walk across spring valley to assist *******s who have dust in their eye or some other such nonsense, that they could take care of for themselves if they weren't babies.  Ghandi could learn something from you.

Thrush
berserk

Forgotten One
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
« previous next »

Page created in 0.263 seconds with 24 queries.