Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ithaca! Pirates of the Apocalypse! (or chapters nearest Cooper's Lake)  (Read 1080 times)

Sirilay, Innaniel

•  
  • Realm: Pointed Heart (as in, NOT K'LAR)
  • Unit: RotI, Iron Will, <>, CotH
  • Sirilay - n., elf ranger; antonym: arm candy, wuss
    • View Profile
Hey there :) Pahmoten would like to lash together our front gate at Ragnarok, and I would prefer natural looking timber instead of anything treated we'd have to cart out there. What we're looking for is someone who has access to fairly straight, local wood (so as not to cart across state lines) we could use for our gate.

If anyone can help us out with this, I will get you more details on size and quantity, if you'll kindly provide us with what you'd look for as compensation :) Pahmoten is full of good cooks and brewers/drink makers. We're also known for our good humor.

Be compassionate and fearless in all that you do.

"Dagorhir is not a game of tournaments and established pecking orders...[it's] A game where any honourable, considerate person can fully enjoy themselves and be made welcome regardless of their athletic abilities." ~Aratar

Ilsa Starling

•  
  • Realm: Ancient Wharf
  • Unit: Drentha
  • Not an elf.
    • View Profile
Isn't the PA rule about not taking firewood across county lines? Anyway! Colbern of Drentha lives in the same county as Cooper's Lake, and he's both remarkably crafty and has access to wood. He's occasionally hard to get in contact with, but if you find him or his girlfriend Fiaren on Facebook, I bet you could work something out! :D

Alric

• Administrator
  •  
  • Realm: Angaron
    • View Profile
Coopers is in the heart of Angaron! It's illegal to move wood across county lines in western PA (because of the emerald ash borer), so you've got to talk to someone who lives in Butler County for something unprocessed.

You want to talk to Colbern - look for him or Fiaren (his girlfriend) on facebook (it looks like you're friends with Colbern on facebook already, but Fiaren checks her messages more often and can get his attention for you).

(ninja'd by my wife :P)

Miach Wolfcaller

•  
  • Realm: Mirkwood
  • Unit: Blood Horde
  • One Blood. One Horde. All are Equal!
    • View Profile
Isn't the PA rule about not taking firewood across county lines? Anyway! Colbern of Drentha lives in the same county as Cooper's Lake, and he's both remarkably crafty and has access to wood. He's occasionally hard to get in contact with, but if you find him or his girlfriend Fiaren on Facebook, I bet you could work something out! :D

Actually this has stopped as of april 15th.  The spread of the emerald ash borer insect was too fast and great and thus they repealed it.  I used to have a link to this but have deleted it.  I will continue to look for it and post it here if I find it.

Miach Wolfcaller- Warlord of the Blood Horde
Squire to Sir Oger Wolfcaller
Forget injuries, never forget kindnesses.

Ilsa Starling

•  
  • Realm: Ancient Wharf
  • Not an elf.
    • View Profile
For real? It sucks about the ash borer spreading so badly, but one little bright side to it is that it'll make getting firewood to Rag a good bit easier. Huh. I wonder if the Cooper's have any thoughts about this.

Miach Wolfcaller

•  
  • Realm: Mirkwood
  • Unit: Blood Horde
  • One Blood. One Horde. All are Equal!
    • View Profile

Miach Wolfcaller- Warlord of the Blood Horde
Squire to Sir Oger Wolfcaller
Forget injuries, never forget kindnesses.

Sirilay, Innaniel

•  
    • View Profile
Most informative, and thank you!! :) No to states, yes to counties, got it.

"Dagorhir is not a game of tournaments and established pecking orders...[it's] A game where any honourable, considerate person can fully enjoy themselves and be made welcome regardless of their athletic abilities." ~Aratar

Alric

• Administrator
  •  
  • Realm: Angaron
    • View Profile
Thanks for the heads up, Miach!

mac

•  
    • View Profile
How many trees do you need? Moraine state park is really close to rag so if you want at rag we could take a ride and pick up dead fall and throw it in my truck. Ill do it for free pretty much everytime I walk into your camp someone hands me something to put in my face so as long as that keeps happening I need no payment.

Sirilay, Innaniel

•  
    • View Profile
:/ Just did a total, and this is a lot, so understand that we would greatly appreciate it!

8 poles, 10' tall
4 poles, 7'ish
13 poles, no shorter than 9'

I'm also in communication with Colbern, so if you need a little extra help and have him bring some over, just say the word. And I would like to bring you Portillo's, Mac, but it's quite a drive from PA and it'd be quite gross and cold be then :(

mac

•  
    • View Profile
I know it makes me sad one of these days ill get out there under the guise of dork battle just to get some portillos.

how thick do the poles need to be?

Sirilay, Innaniel

•  
    • View Profile
Doh! Meant to include that. 5-6" in circumference, probably a bit less for the set of 13. As straight and branch free as you can, but we'll be cutting 'em anyway :)

Sirilay, Innaniel

•  
    • View Profile
One last note, Mac--dutch oven pizzas on Monday if you're willing to accept that as payment :)

mac

•  
    • View Profile
I like pizza, hey when are we doing this, any other day than saturday I can find the time. Saturday is gunna be hectic, if it has to be saturday I can just give someone my keys and let them use the truck nobody can do anything worse to it than I have, but I gotta set my camp up and help with security stuff and all that jazz.

Fug

•  
  • Realm: Avalon
  • Unit: Brotherhood
    • View Profile
Ill do it for free pretty much everytime I walk into your camp someone hands me something to put in my face so as long as that keeps happening I need no payment.

Noted.

Izad

•  
  • Realm: Maethodoron
    • View Profile
For real? It sucks about the ash borer spreading so badly, but one little bright side to it is that it'll make getting firewood to Rag a good bit easier. Huh. I wonder if the Cooper's have any thoughts about this.

I know some campgrounds dont want outside firewood brought in because they want you to pay them more money for thier own wood. But I called Cooper's myself and asked about it. They said yes, you can bring your own firewood. And the nice happy lady i talked to double checked with another nice happy lady. Hope this helped.

Sirilay, Innaniel

•  
    • View Profile
Mac, we're getting there hopefully early Sunday afternoon. Is that good for you?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
« previous next »

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 24 queries.